I received tickets for Abominable in 4DX for this review/feature. Opinions expressed are my own.
Watch Abominable in 4DX to have your movie going experience have something extra! Each 4DX auditorium incorporates motion-based seating that is synchronized with more than 20 different effects which allow the audience to connect with movies through motion, vibration, water, wind, snow, lightning, scents, and other special effects that enhance the visuals on-screen. It is like spending over an hour on an amusement park ride without any of the lines! I took my family this past weekend to see Abominable in 4DX and we LOVED IT! Experience winds, bumps, shakes, water and rain fall effects, and in select 4DX theaters (including Orlando) – snow!
Here is my picture of what the seats look like in the Orlando theater. I assume they are all similar at each location. They move in sets of 4. So these 4 seats pictured are on the same mechanism so to speak then there is a small space before the next 4 seats.
My girls find the seats super comfy. Here are my 2 oldest girls prepped for the movie. Once the movie starts you will wear 3D glasses. Ask for the kid sized 3D glasses for children and make sure to keep your drink in the seat cup holders and hold on to your popcorn so it does not go flying once the seats start moving!
Check out this clip below of The Angry Birds 2 in 4DX: Inside the Theater 360Âº VR. This gives you a really good idea of what the whole experience is like!
Here is the warning listed at the theater for 4DX. This is all standard but take note of the age and height requirement. You must be at least 3 and a half feet tall and 4 years old. No lap sitting! The seats really do get a lot of motion and as always safety first!
If the theaters listed below are currently not near you, don’t worry as 4DX is rapidly expanding its footprint with Regal this year and will soon have over 85 locations in the U.S!
4DX Theater Locations in North America:
- Regal LA Live – Los Angeles, CA
- CGV Buena Park – Buena Park, CA
- Regal Irvine Spectrum – Irvine CA
- Regal Natomas – Sacramento, CA
- Cinepolis Pico Rivera – Pico Rivera, CA
- Cinepolis Vista Pointe – Vista, CA
- Edwards Mira Mesa – San Diego, CA
- Regal, Union Square – New York, NY
- Regal E-Walk – New York, NY
- Regal Pointe Orlando – Orlando, FL
- Regal Avenues 20- Jacksonville – Jacksonville, FL
- Regal Hollywood Naples – Hollywood, FL
- Regal Seattle Meridian – Seattle, WA
- Edwards Houston Marq*e – Houston, TX
- Regal Warrington Crossing – Warrington, PA
- Regal UA King Of Prussia – Philadelphia, PA
- Regal Gallery Place – Washington, DC
- Marcus Gurnee Mills Cinema – Gurnee, IL
- Regal Moore Warren – Moore, OK
- Regal Stonecrest at Piper Glen – Charlotte, NC
- Regal Cinemas Opry MillsÂ – Nashville, TN
- Regal Pinnacle Stadium 18 – Knoxville, TN
- Regal Cinemas Red Rock – Las Vegas, NV
- Cineplex Cinemas Yonge-Dundas – Toronto, ON (CANADA)
- Cineplex Scotiabank Theatre Chinook – Calgary, AB (CANADA)
More than 570 Hollywood and local titles have been screened in 4DX. To date, more than 70,000 4DX seats operate in 590 auditoriums, spanning 61 countries.
We LOVED watching Abominable in 4DX as it was the perfect way for us to end our weekend! With 4DX you not only watch the movie but you can really FEEL IT! I like to use going to the 4DX theater as a special treat for my girls! I especially like to see movies in 4DX as experience rewards for good grades and good behavior in school! 4DX is an amazing movie going experience and one that has to be experienced to truly appreciate its awesomeness. Make sure to check out Abominable in 4dX theaters and enjoy the wind and chill in the air just like in the movie!