I received a sample for this review/feature. Opinions expressed are my own.
Marvel Studiosâ€™ Avengers: Endgame, the climactic conclusion to an unprecedented, 11-year cinematic journey in which the Avengers take one final stand against Thanos, delivered the biggest opening weekend in history and is currently one of the highest-grossing films of all time. Avengers fans around the world are invited to assemble once more for the in-home release. Avengers: Endgame is available on Digital in HD, 4K Ultra HD™ and Movies Anywhere, followed by a physical release on 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray™, DVD and On-Demand beginning August 13.
Marvel Studiosâ€™ â€œAvengers: Endgameâ€ stars Robert Downey Jr. as Iron Man, Chris Evans as Captain America, Mark Ruffalo as Bruce Banner, Chris Hemsworth as Thor, Scarlett Johansson as Black Widow, Jeremy Renner as Hawkeye, Brie Larson as Captain Marvel, Paul Rudd as Ant-Man, Don Cheadle as War Machine, Karen Gillan as Nebula, Danai Gurira as Okoye and Bradley Cooper as Rocket with Gwyneth Paltrow as Pepper Potts, Jon Favreau as Happy Hogan, Benedict Wong as Wong and Tessa Thompson as Valkyrie. Josh Brolin returns as the filmâ€™s infamous villain, Thanos.
Marvel Cinematic Universe characters restored to the universe in â€œAvengers: Endgameâ€ include Benedict Cumberbatch as Doctor Strange, Chadwick Boseman as Black Panther, Tom Holland as Spider-Man, Zoe Saldana as Gamora, Evangeline Lilly as The Wasp, Elizabeth Olsen as Scarlet Witch, Anthony Mackie as Falcon, Sebastian Stan as Winter Soldier, Tom Hiddleston as Loki, Pom Klementieff as Mantis, Dave Bautista as Drax, Letitia Wright as Shuri, Angela Bassett as Ramonda, Michael Douglas as Hank Pym, Michelle Pfeiffer as Janet Van Dyne, Cobie Smulders as Maria Hill, Winston Duke as Mâ€™Baku, Linda Cardellini as Laura Barton, and Vin Diesel as Groot with Chris Pratt as Star-Lord and Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury. Reprising their roles, Rene Russo returns as Frigga, John Slattery as Howard Stark, Tilda Swinton as The Ancient One, Hayley Atwell as Peggy Carter, Natalie Portman as Jane Foster, Marisa Tomei as Aunt May, Taika Waititi as Korg, William Hurt as Secretary of State Thaddeus Ross and Robert Redford as Alexander Pierce.
Marvel Studiosâ€™ â€œAvengers: Endgameâ€ is directed by Emmy AwardÂ®â€“winning directors Anthony and Joe Russo from an original screenplay by Christopher Markus & Stephen McFeely. Kevin Feige produced the film, with Louis Dâ€™Esposito, Victoria Alonso, Michael Grillo, Trinh Tran, Jon Favreau, James Gunn and Stan Lee serving as executive producers.
Directors Anthony and Joe Russoâ€™s creative team also includes director of photography Trent Opaloch (â€œAvengers: Infinity War,â€ â€œCaptain America: Civil Warâ€); production designer Charles Wood (â€œAvengers: Infinity War,â€ â€œMatrixâ€); editors Jeffrey Ford, ACE (â€œAvengers: Infinity War,â€ â€œCaptain America: Civil Warâ€), and Matthew Schmidt (â€œAvengers: Infinity War,â€ â€œCaptain America: The Winter Soldierâ€); three-time OscarÂ®â€“nominated costume designer Judianna Makovsky (â€œAvengers: Infinity War,â€ â€œCaptain America: Civil Warâ€); Oscar-nominated visual effects supervisor Dan DeLeeuw (â€œAvengers: Infinity War,â€ â€œCaptain America: Civil Warâ€); six-time Oscar nominee, special effects supervisor Dan Sudick (â€œAvengers: Infinity War,â€ â€œBlack Pantherâ€); and stunt coordinator Monique Ganderton (â€œAvengers: Infinity War,â€ â€œAtomic Blondeâ€).
- Steve and Peggy: One Last Dance â€“ Explore Captain America and Peggy Carterâ€™s bond, forged in moments from previous films that lead to a momentous choice in â€œAvengers: Endgame.â€
Blu-ray & Digital:
- Remembering Stan Lee â€“ Filmmakers and cast honor the great Stan Lee in a fond look back at his MCU movie cameos.
- Setting The Tone: Casting Robert Downey Jr. â€“ Hear the tale of how Robert Downey Jr. was cast as Tony Stark in the original â€œIron Manâ€ â€” and launched the MCU.
- A Man Out of Time: Creating Captain America â€“ Trace the evolution of Captain America with those who helped shape the look, feel and character of this compelling hero.
- Black Widow: Whatever It Takes â€“ Follow Black Widow’s journey both within and outside the Avengers, including the challenges she faced and overcame along the way.
- The Russo Brothers: Journey to Endgame â€“ See how Anthony and Joe Russo met the challenge of helming two of the biggest films in cinematic history … back-to-back!
- The Women of the MCU â€“ MCU women share what it was like to join forces for the first time in an epic battle scene â€” and be part of such a historic ensemble.
- Bro Thor â€“ His appearance has changed but his heroism remains! Go behind the scenes to see how Bro Thor was created.
- Six Deleted Scenes â€“ â€œGoji Berries,â€ â€œBombs on Board,â€ â€œSuckiest Army in the Galaxy,â€ â€œYou Used to Frickinâ€™ Live Here,â€ â€œTony and Howardâ€ and â€œAvengers Take a Knee.â€
- Gag Reel â€“ Laugh along with the cast in this epic collection of flubs, goofs and gaffes from set.
- Visionary Intro – Intro by directors Joe and Anthony Russo.
- Audio Commentary – Audio commentary by directors Anthony and Joe Russo, and writers Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely.
Run Time:Â Approximately 181 minutes
From the casual to the most die-hard of fans Avengers: Endgames is an absolute must-see for anyone that has watched and enjoyed a Marvel movie! It feels like a massive, most-satisfying ending to something that has been building for a long time! This movie is packed full of action, adventure and you won’t want to miss a second of it! Make sure to check out the bonus features including the tribute to the great Stan Lee. The MUST-OWN, final chapter of the 22-film MCU series, Avengers: Endgame, will be packaged several ways to ensure fans get the most out of their in-home entertainment experience and is available NOW!
You can connect with Marvel Studios on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter .