This post is sponsored by The Libman Company but the content and opinions expressed here are my own.
As many of you in the Midwestern and Northern states can relate, winter ended pretty late this year. Of course, that means spring has been a bit off schedule too, so we're now getting the typical "April showers" in May. Rain and dirt don't mix well when you have pets, so I'm doing double and triple time trying to keep up with the mess. I imagine that you might be in the same boat if you have dogs, so I'm sharing some tips for keeping the house clean with multiple dogs.
I swear, the mud is everywhere. It doesn't help that shoveling the snow over the winter resulted in losing the majority of the stones in our walkway, which happens to be Bella's favorite place to chill while she's waiting to come in, or listening to the birds.
Sometimes I swear she thinks to herself "Oh look, dirt and mud, let me go stand in it"! Then she walks in the house and it's all over. Luckily, we have hard surface floors by the doors, so clean up isn't as bad as it could be.
Luckily for my sanity, I was recently introduced to the Libman Freedom Spray Mop. Let me tell you, that baby is a lifesaver when it comes to cleaning up after these dogs! For the time being, since we use it so much, it sits right next to the door, so we can clean up every time Max and Bella come back in from outside.
I love these kind of mops because they are much more convenient to clean with when you have pets. What I love the most, is that there are no pads or bottles to toss, so I'm not worried about excess garbage. The thick microfiber pad can be washed up to 100 times, and the swivel neck rotates 360 degrees, allowing me to get in any tough spots to clean.
Now the real kicker, get this - you don't have to use a brand specific bottle of solution that only fits this mop! I love it! I can use any floor cleaning solution, mixed with water. I just simply pour it in, close the cap, and start cleaning!
Cleaning with the Libman Freedom Spray Mop is pretty much effortless, and since there is no need to carry around a bucket to ring it out in, the kids are more inclined to help. Score 1 for mom!
Grab a coupon - You can get a $3 off coupon to use on any Libman product when you sign up for their newsletter!
Tips for keeping the house clean with multiple dogs
Keeping your house clean when you have dogs doesn't have to be a huge chore. These simple tips will help make the process of keeping the house clean with multiple dogs a breeze.
- Brush your dog - Just like humans, dogs need to be groomed on a regular basis. Brush them regularly, and they won't shed all over your floors as much.
- Give them baths - Dogs need baths too, and this can really help to keep your house smelling fresh. When your dogs are clean, you lessen the chance of your house having that dreaded "dog smell".
- Leave the dirt at the door - Keep the Libman Freedom Spray Mop handy right by the door, so that you can clean up the dirt and mud before it gets tracked throughout the house.
- Sweep and/or vacuum daily - Floors will inevitably get dirty with dogs. Keeping them clean is a huge key to keeping your home free of dog hair.
- Use a lint roller - If your dogs get on the furniture, keep a lint roller handy so that you can clean the furniture daily.
- Invest in a carpet cleaner - If you have carpeting anywhere in your home, this is a must! Stains set in fast, and if you can clean them right away, you will keep stains and odors from setting into your carpeting.
These tips for keeping the house clean with multiple dogs should come in handy, and if you follow them, help allow you to keep a cleaner house.
Do you have any other tips to share?