Are you a fan of entertaining guests at your home but hate the way your kitchen looks? Is the lighting terrible? Is there not enough room for everyone to mingle around comfortably? What about the general flow of traffic? The kitchen is to be the main focal point of your home because it’s generally where you, your family and friends spend the most time. Hello- if there is food involved, it’s where we wall want to be, right? Of course we’d love to have the perfect kitchen with a ton of space, sparkling countertops and the storage we’ve always dreamed of, but the budget is outrageous for a whole new kitchen and instead of trying our chances at winning the lottery, why not work on a few easy kitchen upgrades ideas that can brighten your favorite room in your home and make it enjoyable for everyone! Don’t think it’s possible? I’ve got a few up my sleeve that will help make a huge different for a lot less than you think! This is a partnered post, and all opinions are our own.
Kitchen upgrades ideas that will fit your budget
1. Painting – This is the number one thing so many of you share with me about what you want to change about your kitchen. Paint really makes a huge difference with inviting people into the space. For larger spaces like your kitchen, you want to make the color as neutral as possible. Think of your beiges, whites and light blues for a calming effect. For those that have a more bold taste, you can add the pops of color your heart desires with a lot of decor such as bold flowers on the countertops, hardware on your cabinets or pendants over your island. This also can help with changing of seasons by adding various colors too. I love a navy and gold accent with a white kitchen. It’s classy and goes with all seasons! Plus if you paint your kitchen a nice soft white, you’ll be able to add some timeless pieces to your kitchen.
2. Countertops – This is where it can be pricey but when you work with a great and knowledgeable company, they can help you with your budget while installing some incredible countertops that bring your vision of your dream kitchen to life. The friendly staff at Premier Surfaces has various showrooms all over the United States and are available to answer any and all concerns and questions you have about how to properly install and picking out the perfect countertops for you. They have marble, quartz, wood, limestone and more! They also a Slabsmith Perfect Match Technology which is one of newest most advanced technology available to the countertop industry. Basically it allows the countertop installers to take high resolution images of a natural stone slab and then digitally render 3D images depicting how the countertop will appear in your kitchen. This is only available in Atlanta so if you live in that area, you’ll love what this has to offer.
3. Paint your cabinets – Painting your old cabinets is a great option for an updated look when you’re working with a tight budget. Your local home improvement store carries kits that are specifically made just for cabinets. You can also ask them for advice on another paint that might work well. Grab a couple of paint rollers and brushes, and this simple DIY project will save you a ton of money!
4. Put A rug in front of the sink – Hate doing dishes because your feet hurt? Why not add a rug in front of your sink to make your workstation not only more comfortable but also adding a splash of color to your kitchen. My suggestion would be a rug that is an outdoor and an indoor rug because if you spill something (chances are you will too), you can just hose it outside when you’re done.
5. Add window treatments – Not only is this great privacy for you and your family, but it also adds a bit of comfort and style to your kitchen. I would suggest not getting something with too much fabric though. A roman shade is great for your window above your sink so it won’t get ruined when things get splashed around while you’re washing the dishes. Also adding curtains to a big walk out deck area is great for extra privacy and a bit cheaper than getting blinds right away!
You don’t need to feel that you should spend a fortune to update your kitchen and make it your home. These budget friendly kitchen upgrades ideas are here to give you a guide to figure out how you can make your kitchen work for you as well as your bank account. By doing a few of these, I’m sure your kitchen will look brand spanking new in no time. Of course, take your time and make sure it’s exactly what you want for your end result. The progress will be worth it!