People often wonder if there are real work from home jobs out there, and the answer is definitely a huge YES! There are plenty of ways that you can make money from home, and some of these jobs could put a pretty hefty chunk of change into your pocket. This is a partnered post, though all opinions are my own.
As most of you know, I actually work from home, and I wouldn't have it any other way. Working from home gives me the freedom to set my own schedule and be there for all of those important moments in my family's life. I love that I never have to answer to anyone but myself, and that I have the ability to say yes to things that I used to have to say no to. Here is a great list of 50 at home jobs, and I'm going to share my top picks below, that I know have been proven to help my friends create additional income for their families.
10 jobs that you can work from home
Now, before I share, let me emphasize the fact that these real work from home jobs actually require work on your behalf to help you earn some extra cash. These are not get rich quick tactics, but are legitimate ways to help supplement your income, but only if you are willing to work at it.
- Blogging - Of course I list this as number 1, because I know firsthand that it can and does help people earn additional income. Start a blog, write good content, promote it, and eventually if you keep at it, you may be able to earn some money.
- Virtual Assistant - This sort of goes with number 1, because most bloggers that I know hire virtual assistants. A virtual assistant can do many tasks like managing social channels, ghost writing, responding to emails, creating graphics, you name it. This is really a great way to earn some extra money, because if you're good, your clients will likely refer you to their friends.
- Consulting - This is another one that can be in the same industry as the firs t two ideas here. many bloggers use their knowledge to consult with brands to help them achieve certain goals that they have for their business.
- Freelance Writing - There are a multitude of websites these days, and you might be surprised to hear that many of them do not create their own content. Instead, they hire a freelance article, or purchase articles from a freelance writer. This could be one of those jobs that you can do in addition to any of the 3 listed above too.
- Social Media Management - Brands and bloggers are always on the lookout for someone to manage their social accounts. It takes lot of time that they just might not have, and this is a great way for someone who is social media savvy to supplement their income.
- Graphic Design - Of course, there are many different ares of graphic design, and many of them could be done remotely from home, or a s a freelance type project. You could design photos, brochures, logos, infographics. or even design and sell printables.
- Affiliate Marketing - This is something that many bloggers and other website owners utilize to help supplement their income. Many brands have affiliate programs where you c an earn a small percentage of each sale that they generate through your unique affiliate link.
- Public Relations - There are numerous people in this space who either work from home for a public relations firm, or do it themselves as a freelance type thing.
- Content Creator - If you're good at photography and have a knack for creating delicious recipes or craft projects, this might be a great job for you. many bloggers purchase this type of content because it's quite popular with our audiences. I've actually dabbled into this form of working from home over the last several months, as a way to earn extra money.
- Customer Service - Many customer service jobs these days are remote and can be done right from the comfort of your home.
Now, I know I have probably left you with some questions, and I have helped to answer a few below.
Where can I find legit work from home jobs?
There are numerous places where you can find work from home jobs that are legit. Try Ziprecruiter, AngelList, FlexJobs and even Facebook. There are many groups on Facebook that are tailored around some of these work from home ideas like freelance writing, virtual assistants and content creation. In fact, FlexJobs shared 10 companies with legitimate work from home jobs.
Is work at home jobs legit?
In reality, many work at home jobs are scams. If it sounds too good to be true, then sadly, it probably is. Just err on the side of caution and do your research.
There are some other jobs that you can work from home, and make a pretty decent salary from. Many of these do require some type of schooling, but can indeed be done from the comfort of your home. Here are some of the highest paying work from home jobs.