This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #CraftPBJCreations #Meijer #CollectiveBias. This post is sponsored by The J.M. Smucker Company.
When my son gets home from school, one of the first things that he does is reach for a snack. All of that learning makes him hungry and with so many hours in between lunch time and the time he gets home, I can totally understand why he's so hungry! I always try to make sure that I have snacks that he likes on hand and these?Peanut Butter & Strawberry Jelly Cookie Bars are one of his favorites. It's kind of like a classic PB&J sandwich, but in an easily snack-able cookie form, and he sure loves it!
This delicious?Peanut Butter & Strawberry Jelly Cookie Bars recipe starts with?Jif? Peanut Butter, a wholesome brand that's been trusted for generations. Based on IRI Sales, it's actually the?#1 brand of peanut butter in the USA.?Smucker's? Fruit Spread gives it that gooey goodness that just completes the recipe. It's made with?hand-picked strawberries, that are high quality and delicious. Jif? & Smucker's? together = Great Taste. Perfect Pair. Better Together.
You can pick up Jif? & Smucker's? at Meijer and score savings of over $2?on Jif? Peanut Butter, Smucker's? Fruit Spreads, and Jif Power Ups? Snacks with mPerks digital coupons until?2/2/19. Check out their Social Hub for more tasty ideas too!
Sometimes, he will grab a snack to munch on at school too, and Jif Power Ups? Snacks are one that we keep on hand. Jif Power Ups? are made with Jif? Peanut Butter and are available in Chewy Granola Bars and Creamy Clusters with peanuts as their #1 ingredient.
Of course, a nice cold glass of milk is the perfect pairing for each of these snacks too!
Peanut Butter & Strawberry Jelly Cookie Bars
Ok, I know you've been patiently waiting for the Peanut Butter & Strawberry Jelly Cookie Bars recipe and you'll find it right below. This is such a simple recipe to make, and the kids might even want to help out!
Since it is a bar recipe, you just make it in one pan, and it actually calls for an entire jar of tasty Smucker's? Strawberry Jam - YUM!
You can easily print this Peanut Butter & Strawberry Jelly Cookie Bars?recipe, so that you can have it on hand any time you want to make it!
- 2 sticks unsalted butter
- 1½ cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups Jif? peanut butter (creamy or crunchy, whichever you prefer)
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 jar (18oz) Smucker's? Strawberry Jam
- 1 cup coarsely chopped peanuts
- Preheat over to 350 degrees
- Grease a 9x13 baking pan
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar on medium speed with an electric mixer for about one minute
- Add vanilla, eggs and peanut butter and mix until combined, careful not to over mix
- Sift the remain dry ingredients (flour, salt and baking powder)
- Slowly add the flour mixture to the peanut butter mixture, mixing on low speed
- Spread the dough evenly into your pan, leaving one third remaining for the top
- Spread the jam over the dough
- Drop small spoonfuls of remaining dough on top of jam.
- Sprinkle with chopped peanuts
- Bake 45 minutes
- Cool and cut