Moving can be a pain. Personally, I’ve moved more times that I can count in my 40 years on this planet and getting settled can be downright brutal. It can feel like there is just so much to do in such little time, and let’s face it, that can be rather intimidating. But good news for you; I’ve partnered with Savings.com today to share some moving tips and hacks that should help your next move go a little more smoothly.
6 Moving Tips and Hacks
- Purge as you pack. There is no sense in taking anything that you’re not going to use with you. Purge as you pack, placing things in boxes to sell and donate. Anything that is garbage, throw away. Getting rid of these things before the move will be such a relief and help you keep the clutter out of your new home.
- Make lists. Make a list for everything. Better yet, grab a notebook or binder to keep track of anything and everything that you can think of.
- Schedule disconnect and reconnect times. You’ll want to time that right so that you’re not left without power at either house.
- Change your address. This is something that so many forget to do, but get your change of address in early so that they have time to re-route everything. Don;t forget to call your bank, and any place that sends you a monthly bill. You’ll need to stop at the DMV too so that you can get the new address on your driver’s license.
- Set aside cleaning supplies. Out together 2 separate small bins full of cleaning supplies. Keep one at the old house to clean after the move and have one in the moving truck, in case there are any messes during the move.
- Replace batteries and filters. This is something that often slips the minds of people moving. Check or change the batteries in all of the smoke detectors and change the air filter in the furnace.
You can grab a?3M Filtrete air filter on your next trip to Sam’s Club, where you can also stock up on all of the other supplies that your new home will need. In fact, now?through November 25th you can score Sam’s Club Instant Savings and get?3M Filtrete filters for $8 off! You just need to sign up for a Sam’s Club membership to score this great deal and more. You’ll reap the rewards and convenience in just one shopping trip, I assure you.