Lucasfilm’s Solo: A Star Wars Story, directed by Academy Award?winning filmmaker Ron Howard, is an action-packed journey that explores Han’s first encounters with future friend and copilot Chewbacca (Joonas Suotamo) and notorious gambler Lando Calrissian (Donald Glover). Watch instantly on September 14th as the Millennium Falcon sets course digitally in HD and 4K Ultra HD and on Movies Anywhere, and bring the adventure home on Blu-ray 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray, DVD and On-Demand on September 25th.
Directed by Ron Howard, the fun-filled galactic heist movie stars Alden Ehrenreich (?Hail, Caesar!,? Tetro), Woody Harrelson (?Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri,? ?The Messenger?), Emilia Clarke (?Me Before You,? ?Game of Thrones?), Donald Glover (?Spider-Man: Homecoming,? ?The Martian?), Thandie Newton (?Gringo,? Crash), Phoebe Waller-Bridge (?Fleabag,? ?Killing Eve?) and Paul Bettany (?Captain America: Civil War,? ?Master and Commander?). Joonas Suotamo (Star Wars: The Last Jedi) returns to play Chewbacca.
Written by Jonathan Kasdan & Lawrence Kasdan, ?Solo: A Star Wars Story? is produced by Kathleen Kennedy, Allison Shearmur and Simon Emanuel. Lawrence Kasdan, Jason McGatlin, Phil Lord and Christopher Miller are executive producers.
To create the unique look of the film, some of the industry’s top talent was recruited, including Academy Award? nominee Bradford Young (Arrival), director of photography; two-time Academy Award?winning editor Pietro Scalia (?Alien: Covenant?); Dominic Tuohy (?The Mummy?), special effects supervisor; Rob Bredow (?Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs?), visual effects supervisor; and John Powell (?Jason Bourne?), score composed and adapted by.
They are joined by returning Star Wars veteran crew members: Neil Lamont, production designer; Neal Scanlan, special creature effects; David Crossman and Glyn Dillon, costume designers; Jamie Wilkinson, prop master; Lisa Tomblin-Fitzpatrick, hair designer; and Amanda Knight, makeup designer.
The legendary John Williams is credited with the ?Han Solo Theme? and original Star Wars music.
DIGITAL AND BLU-RAY BONUS MATERIAL (may vary by retailer):
- Solo: The Director & Cast Roundtable -Sit down with director Ron Howard and the stars for an intimate and entertaining discussion of the film’s making.
- Team Chewie – See what it takes to bring your favorite Wookiee to life in this lighthearted look behind the scenes.
- Kasdan on Kasdan – Iconic Star Wars screenwriter Lawrence Kasdan and son Jonathan share what it was like to write the movie’s script together.
- Remaking the Millennium Falcon – Track the transformation of the most famous ship in the galaxy, from Lando’s swank and impeccable pride and joy to Han’s stripped-down hot-rod freighter with ‘special modifications.?
- Escape from Corellia – Get behind the wheel for the making of this high-octane chase through the streets of Corellia.
- The Train Heist – Explore the challenges and thrills of creating this action-packed sequence, including its remote location and spectacular effects.
- Becoming a Droid: L3-37 – Meet the newest droid?and the talented actor who helps bring her to life.
- Scoundrels, Droids, Creatures and Cards: Welcome to Fort Ypso – Take an in-depth tour of the rough-and-tumble bar where strangers mix and gamblers risk all in the legendary card game, Sabaac.
- Into the Maelstrom: The Kessel Run – Join Han and Chewie at the controls of the Millennium Falcon to see how this legendary moment in Star Wars history unfolds.
- Deleted Scenes
- Proxima’s Den
- Corellian Foot Chase
- Han Solo: Imperial Cadet
- The Battle of Mimban: Extended
- Han Versus Chewie: Extended
- Snowball Fight!
- Meet Dryden: Extended
- Coaxium Double-Cross
- The Millenium Falcon: From Page to Park ? An exclusive look at the history of the most famous ship in the galaxy, its origin and development, and how it will translate in one of the most anticipated expansions in Disneyland’s history.
Feature Run Time: Approximately 135 minutes
Rating: PG-13 in U.S. (Bonus Material Not Rated); PG in CE and G in CF
To celebrate the release of ?Solo: A Star Wars Story,? Lucasfilm and Xbox are excited to announce the Xbox One X Solo Custom Console Sweepstakes!
Each custom console includes a physical copy of ?Solo: A Star Wars Story? on 4K Ultra HD. Enter now for your chance to win at https://soloxboxsweeps.com
from now until September 30, 2018. Open to U.S. and Canadian (excluding Quebec) residents only.