I love a tasty cocktail and with the warm weather finally hitting, I'm mixing up all sorts of refreshing beverages these days. I have a deep love for blended drinks but I tried this Blackberry Mojito and it has become my new favorite; perfect for sipping on the patio on a warm sunny day and for celebrating Cinco de Mayo! I've partnered with Agave In The Raw for this post, though all opinions are always my own.
A great mojito starts with quality ingredients, so I headed to the market to get some fresh blackberries and limes. After traveling to two different stores, fresh mint was nowhere to be found, so I actually ended up purchasing a whole milt plant. It was a whopping 50 cents more than a tiny package of the fresh mint that I usually purchase, so I kind of made out on that deal and now I have fresh mint to make more blackberry mojitos. Lucky me!
Now, if you've never tasted a blackberry mojito before, it can be a tad bitter, so you will definitely want to sweeten your cocktail and that's where Agave In The Raw comes in. From the core of Mexico's blue agave plant, comes an organic, naturally gluten-free sweeter - Agave In The Raw. It's great for beverages and perfect for baking too. A little bit of Agave In The Raw goes a long way too, since it is about 25% sweeter than sugar.
Agave In The Raw is my go too for mixing in blackberry mojitos and gives it that perfect flavor that I love so much. You'll definitely have to try this recipe on for size and if you'd rather skip the alcohol, just add a little bit extra soda water!
- 1 lime, quartered, plus lime wheel for garnish
- 8-10 fresh mint leaves, plus more for garnish
- 6-8 fresh blackberries, plus more for garnish
- ½ ounce Agave In the Raw
- 1½ ounces white rum
- 4 ounces chilled soda water
- Juice 2 lime quarters into a rocks glass or tumbler. Add remaining lime quarters, mint, berries, Agave In The Raw, and rum and muddle until fruit is crushed. Add 1 cup ice and soda water to fill. Stir. Garnish with lime wheel, additional berries, and fresh mint.