It’s a new year and winter has finally hit us hard in Wisconsin! The difference between summer and winter in the Midwest is pretty drastic, and winter can wreck havoc on my skin. The dryness that winter brings to my skin can be so intense, that it is really important for me to bring moisture back into my skin every chance that I get. I’m sure many of you can relate to having winter dry skin so I am sharing some of my simple winter beauty tips to hopefully help you out.
Hydration is key to ensuring that your skin doesn’t get that winter dryness, so I’ve got a few ways that you can keep your body, as well as your skin hydrated.
Simple winter beauty tips
- Drink lots of water. That may seem obvious, but water intake is especially important in the winter too because it will help to refresh your body and skin.
- Limit your alcohol and caffeine intake.?These actually cause dehydration, which affects your skin as well. So opt for juice a few mornings each week instead of coffee, and be sure to drink water between alcohol drinks, when you do partake.
- Moisturize daily. This step is important. You want moisturize your body with lotion or body butter and your face with a daily moisturizer. The Neutrogena? Hydro Boost line offers some great ones.
- Lip balm might be your best friend! It sure is mine and helps prevent my lips from chapping, cracking and bleeding.
- Cosmetics matter. They really do! I’m loving the?Neutrogena? Hydro Boost?Cosmetics line. TheNeutrogena Hydro Boost Hydrating Lip Shine is my go to for winter lips and theNeutrogena Hydro Boost concealer is my favorite!
Neutrogena? Hydro Boost?Cosmetics as well as Neutrogena? SkinClearing Cosmetics are available at Walmart in lots of colors, offering you a great selection and variety to choose from. I’m particularly fond of the Radiant RoseNeutrogena Hydro Boost Hydrating Lip Shine for winter because it’s such a subtle pink color, that looks great against fresh winter snow!