I received a Motorola Video Baby Monitor With WiFi for this review/feature. Opinions expressed are my own.
Once baby arrives one of those items that is a must-have is some sort of baby monitor. Then you can keep watch over baby when you are in another room. With today's technology baby monitors are better than ever as they now have video capabilities as well as the ability to watch baby on your phone over WiFi. The Motorola Video Baby Monitor With WiFi model MBP667CONNECT 2.8" lets you keep tabs on your little one via the handheld parent unit at home and on a smartphone, tablet, or computer when away using the app over WiFi. Added features includ sound, motion, and temperature notifications wherever you are.
Here are the specs on this device:
- Wireless Technology: 2.4 GHz FHSS (for Local Viewing)
- Wi-Fi? Wireless Connectivity (for Remote Viewing)
- 2.8" Diagonal Color Screen
- Digital zoom
- Infrared night vision
- High Sensitivity Microphone
- Up to 1000ft Range
- 5 Lullabies
- Two-Way Communication
- LED Sound Level Indicator
- Out-of-Range and Low Battery Alerts
- Support Stand
- Rechargeable Battery (Parent Unit)
- Expandable Up to 4 Cameras (Sold Separately, Model: MBP67CONNECT)
- Additional Features with Hubble Connected
- View on Compatible Smartphones, Tablets, and Computers
- Remote HD (720p) Video Streaming
- Sound, Motion, and Temperature Notifications
- Manual Video Recording and Image Snapshot
- 1-year manufacturer's warranty
- Model MBP667CONNECT
This whole thing is super easy to set up. No husband help required. The battery for the parent unit lets you use it while it is not plugged in which is a plus. It is easy to plug it both the camera and parent unit into the wall.
The camera can attach to a wall or you can place it on a shelf. The arm it is attached to does allow for you to move it around a lot so you can get the best angle on the baby.
Here is my parent unit in use as well. You can check out the room temp, zoom in and out and use the microphone.
Of course the truly awesome part about this baby monitor is the ability to see baby using your phone by pairing the camera to their app. This way if grandparents or a babysitter is watching the baby at home you can still check in on baby from the restaurant to give yourself some piece of mind. You can control many things on the app including taking a picture to your phone and playing the melodies in the baby's room. Here is a view from my app. The arrows are just put there to block the camera code that goes to my unit.
This Motorola Video Baby Monitor With WiFi is super easy to set up and use. It is portable enough you could even take it with you on trip's to the grandparen't houses or on vacation. Getting a solid baby monitor unit that you are comfortable using is so important so when baby does arrive you are all ready to go.