Summer is quickly approaching and Big Bro is already asking me how he can earn some money so that he can make plans for the summer with his friends. Since his grades aren't too great and he has to go to summer school, a job is out of the question so we need to get a little more creative on ways that he can earn. Today, I've partnered with BusyKid to share tips on how to keep your kids busy and earning money this summer. Though this is a sponsored post, all opinions are mine.
Since summer schedules are much tend to have more wiggle room than school year schedules, kids can help out more around the house to earn some money. BusyKid?is a really great tool to help you set up and plan a chore list too. You can learn all about it through this video below.
How to Keep Your Kids Busy and Earning Money this Summer
Here are some suggestions on ways that your kids can stay busy and earn money this summer. When you use?BusyKid?to plan it out, it's easier to form a set schedule, which helps to teach them about responsibility as well. This is essentially great training for when they hit the workforce too!
- Help with household chores - Decide which household chores your child can help with, the frequency that each chose will be done and the amount that they will earn for completing each chore.
- Babysit younger siblings - If you have a child that is old enough to babysit, then he or she can help care for younger siblings. This is a great way to teach them about responsibility and will likely aide in helping them to learn good parenting skills for the future.
- Meal prep and cooking - Since many parents work 9-5's, older kids can help with meal prep and cooking so that there is more time for family fun when you get home from work.
- Yard work - Summer yard work can be very tedious and kids can help lessen your workload. Depending on age, various tasks could include mowing, cleaning up, weeding gardens and watering gardens.
- Dog walking - This is best for older and they can walk the family dog for a little extra money.
Of course, depending on your personal family dynamics, some of these will work, while others may not. But I'm sure that you could even think of things to include in this list of ways to keep your kids busy and earning money this summer. BusyKid really helps to make the entire process simplified and payments can even be managed right through the system! You might also enjoy my latest article featuring BusyKid, about the lack of financial education in schools.