My husband and have been getting sick of cooking the same ole’ meals week after week so we started doing some experimenting in the kitchen. Sure we’ve tried a few recipes that we found online but we also came up with some ideas that sounded good and gave them a try. This?Spinach Bacon & Cheese Parmesan Crusted Chicken Breasts recipe was one of those experiments and it just happened to turn out delicious; so incredibly tasty that?I just had to make it again to share with you through this post that I’ve partnered with Birds Eye vegetables to write. As always, all opinions are my own.
But before we get to the recipe, I want to tell you all about the #GreenMySchool program that Birds Eye vegetables and the Environmental Media Association have partnered for. Vegetables are such an important part of our diets and daily nutritional need so the #GreenMySchool program partners with celebrities like Constance Zimmer, star of Lifetime’s UnREAL, who travel back to their hometowns to plant gardens with students.
Spinach Bacon & Cheese Parmesan Crusted Chicken Breasts Recipe
My Spinach Bacon & Cheese Parmesan Crusted Chicken Breasts recipe is a perfect way to incorporate vegetables into a meal that your family will love. It’s quickly become one of my family’s favorite meals and with the spinach right smack dab in the middle of the chicken, the kids won’t even realize their veggies are in it!
- 6 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 - 10oz package Birds Eye Chopped Spinach
- 1 lb bacon
- 8 oz package cream cheese
- 4 oz mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 cups bread crumbs
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs
- garlic, salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Cut the bacon into ½ inch strips and fully cook in a large pan
- Once bacon is done, drain some of the grease and add spinach, cream cheese and mozzarella cheese.
- Stir well until cheese is melted
- In the meantime, combine bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese in a large bowl. Add salt, pepper and garlic to taste
- Slice chicken breasts half way through, stuff with spinach, bacon and cheese mixture.
- Beat eggs in a bowl and add some water. Brush mixture over chicken breasts.
- Sprinkle bread crumb mixture over chicken breasts.
- Bake for 45-60 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
- Serve with wild rice or your choice of side dish