I’ve partnered with Intel Security to share how to keep your devices safe, however all opinions are my own.
The holidays are approaching and tech devices are at the top of many wish lists. While tech items?make perfect gifts, there are certainly steps that need to be taken to keep your devices safe. Did you know that PCs/Laptops, Mobile Devices, IoT devices (including streaming sticks), and Drones are big targets for hackers, especially during the holidays? It’s sad but true and you’ve definitely got to be cautious.
Tips to Keep Your Devices Safe
- Install a security system on laptops and PCs – McAfee Intel Security?is easy to install and works for all of your devices. The great thing is that McAfee makes is easy to protect all devices that share accounts, so you can protect your laptop and tablet.
- Backup your files and stay up to date on the latest malware risks – This will ensure that you don’t lose important data or photos.
- Passcodes are important – Since smartphones go everywhere with us and are easier to lose, it’s extremely important to use a passcode, finger print, facial recognition or all three to access your phone. This way, if it’s lost or stolen, no one else can use it.
- Updates and security – Only download software updates from your device’s operating system and installed applications. Get Free McAfee Mobile Security to protect your privacy and against viruses and theft.
- Use caution with Home IoT (Internet of Things) devices – Research to make sure your device’s maker is concerned about security as well as safety. Always change the default password and employ the security settings.
- Be trained and aware when using drones – Drones are all the rage but you’ve got to read and follow the directions, and also register your drone. Respect people’s privacy when flying your drone and if controlling through a laptop or device, make sure it’s malware free.
McAfee offers an entire suite of?Intel Security?items to help with your tech security needs. It’s better to be proactive then wait until it’s too late.
Island of Hackable Toys Sweepstakes
How would you like to win a trip, just in time for the holidays? I thought that might pique your interest! You could win a trip for two to Iceland in the Island of Hackable Toys Sweepstakes! It includes round trip coach airfare, 6 nights of accommodations in Reykjavik and hotel transfers. The ARV is between $6,500 – $7,500 on this super exciting vacation package! There will also be 5 Lenovo Yoga Tab 3 Pro tablet and McAfee LiveSafe (1 year subscription) being awarded during the Island of Hackable Toys Sweepstakes.
US residents can easily?enter the Island of Hackable Toys Sweepstakes here?by entering your name and email. You’ll get a unique link which you can then’share across all of your social channels to encourage your friends to enter. Each time one of your friends enters, you get an additional entry for a chance to win!