It's starting to cool off outside and now is the perfect time to start making those hearty comfort foods that your family enjoys. Nothing says "warm me up" better than a nice hot bowl of chili, so I've partnered with Red Gold to share The Best Chili recipe, courtesy of my husband, with you all.
What I especially love about chili is that it's a hearty meal that can easily be shared so I thought this was the perfect recipe to make in support of the Red Gold Crush Hunger campaign, in partnership with Feeding America. Hunger affects so many people, perhaps more than you realize; and shocking statistics show that 1 in 7 families don't know where their next meal is coming from. That was my family at times throughout my childhood, so I know firsthand how a hungry belly feels and it's not a good feeling at all.
That's one of the things that I love about Red Gold as a company; their willingness to support the community and understanding of the importance of hunger-relief. It's all about families helping families in this world and the Red Gold family gets that. I know this because I met them last year and they really are some of the most down to Earth people I've ever met.
This October, Red Gold's goal is to donate 1.7 million meals to Feeding America food banks across the US by encouraging families to share a meal. For each Red Gold product purchased in October, Red Gold will donate a meal to help crush hunger.
Win a Red Gold Family Meal Kit and $100 for your local food bank!
Join the conversation and share your family meal stories using #HelpCrushHunger across Facebook, Twitter and Instagram to be entered to win. Find more information at HelpCrushHunger.com.
This chili recipe is a perfect one to make to feed a soup kitchen full of people because it contains wholesome ingredients to really fill you up. There are so many ways that we can help fight hunger and I love hearing stories from others. What do you do to help fight hunger in your community or beyond?
The Best Chili
- 1 lb ground beef, browned
- 2 - 14oz cans chili beans
- 2 - 14 oz cans red kidney beans
- 1 - 14.5oz can Red Gold Petite Diced Tomatoes with Green Chilies
- 1 - 28oz can Red Gold Crushed Tomatoes
- 1 - 64oz can tomato or vegetable juice
- 2 packets mild chili seasoning
- 10 fresh jalapeno peppers, seeded and cut into 1 inch strips
- 10 fresh banana peppers, cut into 1 inch strips
- shredded cheddar cheese
- Brown ground beef, drain grease
- Cut peppers and oplen cans while beef is browning
- In a large stock pot, combine all ingredients
- Stir well
- Simmer over medium/low heat for 4+ hours
- Serve in bowls and top with shredded cheddar cheese
- (optional) Serve with crackers or bread on side
Grab these soup mugs to complete this look.