I received a sample for this review/feature. Opinions expressed are my own.
Drones are all the rage when it comes to cool tech toys and I can see why…it is a flying toy after all! The Kodo HD from Dromida is fully equipped with an 1080p camera making this a unique yet awesome little drone that is perfect for a wide variety of ages from kids through adults and is actually pretty easy to fly!
It comes completely assembled right out of the box and of course includes the instructions which is especially important for people like me that ALWAYS read the directions. All you need to do is charge the battery and you are ready to fly.
- Assembled KODO HD with LED
- Full HD digital 1080p video and still camera
- Card reader and 2GB memory card
- Q106 4-channel 2.4GHz radio system
- LiPo battery and USB charger
- “AAA” batteries
- Installed blade guards
- Extra blades
Here is their diagram so you can see what all the remote is capable of. The main ones you use all the time will be easy to remember. If I can fly this thing so can you!
Q106 radio system with:
- 2.4GHz technology for the best in dependable, interference-free control and worry-free flying with your friends.
- Separate camera and video buttons
- Auto Flip button for pro-style flips in the air
- Digital trims for fast, precise performance-tuning
- Mode 1/Mode 2 button to configure controls to your preference
- Easy, Normal and Expert flight modes let you activate the flight features you need, so you can fly the way you want
The digital camera gives you full high-definition 1080p resolution to work with, so you can shoot videos and pictures of really nice sharpness and clarity. Camera angle can be adjusted manually on the ground, so you can get the shot you want as soon as you’re in the air. Shoots 1080p jpegs and .avi video @ 30fps.
At just 40 g its light weight which helps the KODO respond faster and stronger. Flips and other moves suddenly have extra snap! It can even fly upside down! The battery allows for flying up to 5-1/2 minutes of flight time on a full charge. It might not sound like a lot but it is still plenty of time to get in some fun flying.
Although it is incredibly easy to fly we have still “crashed” into into the ground dozens of times and it still works great. We are great at flying but still struggling on a smooth landing. It is built to be very rugged including blade guards but it does include extra blades in case you need them. Check out this picture we took of the lake with this drone. The video footage looks even cooler!
My husband has already spent several afternoons and several hours playing with it. It is one of those toys that you get better at as you play with it and then that means you can get even better pictures. This drone is awesome for getting birds eye view photos and videos outside this summer!