This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #DotComDIY #CollectiveBias
We've been pretty busy this summer and have been lucky enough to have already taken 3 road trips since the beginning of June, with quite a few more planned throughout the summer. Spending so much time on the road has taught me a few things and has given me insight to better prepare for the next one. So today, I'll be sharing 5 Summer Road Trip Tips with you and also showing how you c an be saving money by shopping online!
5 Summer Road Trip Tips
- Check your oil (and other fluids) and do an oil change if necessary.
- Make sure your tires have the right amount of pressure and don't have any lumps, bald spots or wires showing.
- Create a packing list a few days before you plan to leave, then add items to it as you think of them. That way, you'll be less likely to forget something. Trust me, it happens to me ALL the time!
- Pack a small cooler with snacks and drinks. You'll save money by not having to stop and dish out money for expensive gas station items.
- Stop to stretch and relieve yourself. There's nothing more tiring than sitting in a vehicle for hours so it's important to stop every few hours to let everyone stretch and use the restroom.
Oil is extremely important in keeping your car's motor running good. Dirty oil can wreck havoc on an engine and you should most definitely follow your car manufacturer's suggestion on how often to change your oil. Using an oil like Pennzoil Platinum High Mileage helps reduce leaks and the way that high mileage (over 75,000 miles) vehicles?consume oil. Pennzoil Platinum High Mileage motor oil?is designed specifically for vehicles with over 75,000 miles, whether they're new or late model, and will help to keep them going strong for a long time by keeping the engine running clean. You won't find a motor oil that provides better protection from friction.
Remember that it's so much cheaper to do an oil change yourself so that can really save you some money. A few simple tools, a jack and some?Pennzoil motor oil are all that you need. We?always keep an extra quart or two in the garage in case we need to top our oil off so that we don't have to stop anywhere to grab some.
You can purchase Pennzoil motor oil at Walmart and more conveniently at Walmart.com where many of the Pennzoil products are on Rollback. I love shopping online because it's more convenient and I can skip the crowds. What I really appreciate about shopping at Walmart.com is that I have the option to have my order shipped to me, or I can pick it up in the store at the little "Pickup Here" kiosk.
You can even pick out your road trip snacks and beverages while doing your online shopping. If you need a nice new little cooler, throw one of those into your cart as well. There is such a great selection of products online that aren't available in stores too!
Where are you taking a road trip to this summer? Do you have any summer road trip tips to share?