Did you know that today, May 4th, is National OJ Day? Well, it is, and I’m super excited to partner with Tropicana to share some fun information and?5 Reasons to Drink OJ with you today (all opinions are my own)!
5 Reasons to Drink OJ
- Glowing skin – Vitamin C (found in OJ) is not only good for your body, but your skin as well. It helps it form, maintain collagen and gives a special glow.
- Get your fruit servings in -??One 8-oz glass of orange juice counts as 2 servings of fruit!
- Heart Healthy – Antioxidants help reduce inflammation which is a risk factor for heart disease. Drinking?OJ might help reduce those risks because it’s high in Vitamin C, an antioxidant.
- Potassium fix -?OJ contains as much potassium as a banana, which helps to maintain healthy blood pressure.
- Diet friendly – Research shows that OJ drinkers eat more fruits and vegetables, helping for better weight control.
Our refrigerator is always stocked with 100% OJ because it’s my family’s favorite juice. With so many great reasons to drink OJ, I’m thrilled that everyone enjoys it so much. It’s a perfect pairing for a quick breakfast before school. A couple of mini bagels and a glass of Tropicana Pure Premium OJ (my favorite!) gives the kiddos the right fuel to help get them through the day until lunch time. And that’s how we celebrated National OJ Day today!
Another great thing about OJ is that it’s a great ingredient in recipes. I use OJ in my smoothies and it’s a secret ingredient in one of my favorite chicken recipes. Tropicana put together a few recipes as well and this French Toast with Orange, Cinnamon & Vanilla Dip?is one I’ve definitely got to try.. and you’should too!
So whether you’re grabbing a glass to drink or making a special recipe, make sure you’re celebrating National OJ Day with your family today!