I received a sample for this review/feature. Opinions expressed are my own.
My All American is coming to Digital HD, Blu-ray combo pack, DVD and On Demand on February 23, 2016. Directed by acclaimed screenwriter Angelo Pizzo (Hoosiers, Rudy), My All American is an inspiring tribute to a real-life triumph of the human spirit, packed with skin-of-the-teeth victories and losses, unforgettable characters and heartfelt traditional values. An uplifting and exhilarating tale of personal determination and team spirit.
An unlikely football hero faces unexpected challenges with grit and grace in My All American , the true story of Freddie Steinmark. Although deemed too small as an athlete, Freddie (Finn Wittrock ? The Big Short, ?American Horror Story?) dreams of playing football and brings a fight to the game that is noticed by legendary coach Darrell Royal (Aaron Eckhart ? The Dark Knight, Olympus Has Fallen), leading to a scholarship to play college football. With dedication and grueling practices, a victorious season is within reach, but Freddie then receives a shocking diagnosis and discovers what it truly means to have the heart of a champion.
BLU-RAY and DVD BONUS FEATURES:
- Spirit of Freddie Steinmark ? Learn how the story of the true life hero who inspired the film was brought to the big screen.
- A Look Inside ? A behind the scenes look at the film featuring interviews with Aaron Eckhart, Finn Wittrock, and writer/director Angelo Pizzo.
The film will be available on Blu-ray? with DIGITAL HD and UltraViolet? and DVD
- Blu-ray? unleashes the power of your HDTV and is the best way to watch movies at home, featuring 6X the picture resolution of DVD, exclusive extras and theater-quality surround sound.
- DVD offers the flexibility and convenience of playing movies in more places, both at home and away.
- DIGITAL HD with UltraViolet? lets fans watch movies anywhere on their favorite devices. Users can instantly stream or download.
Run Time: 1 hour, 59 minutes
Freddie Steinmark is the type of athlete that always works harder and longer than his teammates and it shows on the field. He is a great player and a nice guy too which is not always the combo one sees. The only problem is that at 5’9″ he is just too short to play…according to all the college football coaches out there…except the one at Texas. After giving him a shot he proves they made the right decision by being an amazing player. When leg pain comes up he plays right through the pain to help his team win the National Championship. Finally seeing a doctor his diagnosis is extremely grim…but Freddie shows off his true spirit. This movie tells the story of a true champion at heart. This is a great based on a true story sports movie. My husband and I are big college football fans and we both enjoyed watching it. A great movie to bring home and watch together on the sofa.