One tradition that I really enjoy is that the entire family gathers each year for Thanksgiving. Everyone pitches in to make appetizers, dishes and desserts for our big feast, then we eat until we're stuffed?and spend time together. There is always so much food leftover that each family gets to take leftovers home with them. Now I've sort of started a new tradition and make a Ham Au Gratin Bake with the leftover ham. It's an almost effortless meal because I use Betty Crocker Au Gratin potatoes.
I can still feel good about serving the dish to my family because Betty Crocker Potatoes are 100% real potatoes that are grown right here in the USA. They're just much simpler to use because I don't have to peel or cut them - score! And with just 1 or 2 two mix-ins, I can create a full meal that my family will devour. And with a 50 cents off 2 Betty Crocker Potatoes coupon, I can save money too!
The?Ham Au Gratin Bake is really easy to make and requires just one dish so clean up is a breeze too. This recipe could easily be doubled or tripled to feed a larger crowd too. I'll share the full recipe below, but you'll basically follow the directions on the box and add in a pound of fully cooked ham chunks, then top with diced green onion once it's out of the oven.
Ham Au Gratin Bake Recipe
- 1 box Betty Crocker Au Gratin Potatoes
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound cooked ham chuncks
- diced green onions
- Heat the oven to 450 degrees. Stir sauce mix, boiling water, milk and butter in 2 quart casserole dish. Stir in potatoes and ham.
- Bake uncovered for about 25 minutes until top is golden brown and potatoes are tender. (sauce will thicken)
- Once out of the oven, top with diced green onions.
Giveaway Winner: Dawn S.