I received compensation and free product from CustomInk as sponsorship of this post. All opinions and thoughts are my own.
Family means the world to me. ?Growing up as a teen, I didn’t have a whole lot of close family and I always wished I had. Family are the people that are supposed to always be by your side, through the good and the bad, so when I had my kids I made a silent vow to them that they would grow up surrounded by family. Luckily for them, my husband’s family is very tight knit and my children grew up close to them. We’d get together not only for holidays, but for summer bbqs and more.
Now that the kids are older, the traditions still continue and we often get together; even without my husband. Earlier this week, the kids celebrated their last day of school and after their little shaving cream beach party with their friends, we headed into town for a little party of our own on the beach with the family.
I love that the whole family can enjoy time together and age is not of importance. The little ones can play on the playground and the older kids will play right alongside them. It’s so important for all of the generations to exist together through play and spending time with each other. It really helps to strengthen family bonds.
Our gathering wasn’t necessarily for a special occasion, aside from celebrating the boys’ last day of school. But that’s the thing, you don’t need an occasion to get together with family – a picnic at a park is reason enough! Being with family is reason enough and my aunt in law was very excited for our special day. She’s known as the family photographer, so I had to get a shot of her in her element, while she was photographing the kids in the water. This photo represented perfectly what I designed our special t-shirts for the day based on – Family is love.
Having our own t-shirts for?our day at the beach was such fun. We all had matching ones and the little kids especially, got a kick out of it. My cousin in law is heading for Disney today with her family and she was excited to take her and her young son’s shirts with them.
Matching t-shirts are fun for all types of family events like reunions, a day at the theme park, wedding rehearsals, you name it. Here are some fun statistics that CustomInk gathered on family reunions:
- Family reunions are bigger than we thought! 43% of family reunions have 56+ attendees varying in ages from 1 month old to 75+ years of age.
- 41% of respondents have reunions once a year with 45% having one once every 2-4 years.
- Activities engaged in at family reunions ranges but most popular are taking family portraits (70%), playing family games (56%) and sporting games (43%).
- Many families up their activity game by purchasing custom gear for the reunion with 96% creating custom t-shirts and 15% creating custom drinkware (water bottles, koozies, etc.)
- Time away with family is valuable! More than half (52%) of families travel between 50-250 miles with 67% traveling over 250 miles. Additionally, a majority (57%) of reunions last for an entire weekend or for an entire week (23%).
T-Shirts and Genes: Family Reunion Contest
Because family togetherness and gathering generations is important, CustomInk launched an exciting contest on June 4th – the T-Shirts and Genes: Family Reunion Contest. They will?help one special family make their reunion a reality. To enter, you just have to snap a photo of yourself along with at least 3 other members of your family and upload it to CustomInk’s Facebook page with a brief caption sharing how you would use $1500 to unite your family this year. The contest is open to US residents age 18+ and will run from June 4 – June 25.??The winners will be announced on July 6th!
I don’t know about you, but I can think of a bunch of awesome things that my family could do together with $1500. Whatever we’d decide to do, I know we’d have a blast!
What would you do with your family if you won?