These next couple of months are my favorite time of the year. First we get to give thanks with family and friends at Thanksgiving and then we get to give to those we love at Christmas. When that’s all finished, we celebrate the start of a New Year and new beginnings. I’ve really been missing my family and friends lately, so we decided to host a little “Friendsgiving” gathering this past weekend and since I like to Give Extra, I made “I am thankful for you” #ExtraGumMoments Gift Packs to pass out to our guests.
They are inexpensive and simple to make, but are a nice way to just show someone that you are thankful for them. It’s always appreciated when someone shows that they care and I wanted everyone to know how much we really love and miss them.
- Cardstock paper in red, orange and yellow
- Dark brown ink
- Leaf stamp pad
- Shape cutter
- Foam dimensional double sided stickers
- Extra Gum packs
1. First you’ll need to stamp the leaf shapes all over a yellow and orange sheet of cardstock. Then you’ll cut around the shape of each leaf, free-handed with a scissors.
2. Next, you’ll use a shape punch to cut shapes out of each color paper. These are what you will write your message on, pictured below.
3. Write your “I am thankful for you” message.
4. Place a double sided foam dimensional sticker onto the bottom left corner (back side) of the shape that you cut out. Then attack it to the stem of one of the leaves that you cut out.
5. Next you will take another double sided foam dimensional sticker and adhere it to the back of the bottom of the leaf shape. Now stick it onto the front of the gum package.
Once your packs are all assembled, you can pass them out to all of your friends. Or you can take it a step further and take it to the back of a wooden skewer stick and drop it in a flower arrangement to show someone extra special that you care!
While this time of year happens to be my favorite, it’s the complete opposite for many others. Some people are so broke that they can’t afford the holidays and the mere thought of people expecting gifts from them stresses them to the core. Others have no family to celebrate with, which is a real bummer; and even more have lost a family member or friend and think about them constantly during this time of year, missing them with all of their heart.
So as we sit back, reflect on the past year and celebrate with those we hold dearest, let’s remember to give a little extra thanks and let everyone know just how much they mean to us!