If you are a friend or fan on Facebook, you might have noticed that we've been having some trouble with our vehicle for the last few weeks. It has been a horrendous ordeal, since we got it just two months ago. Anyway, this mama needs a break and as soon as it's back from the shop, The Man and I are going to have a much needed night out. I can't wait!
We'll start with dinner at Longhorn Steakhouse, then maybe a movie and drinks. I heard about their Fall Peak Season menu and it just makes my mouth water! The menu features - you guessed it - fall fruit and vegetable inspired dishes. I've shared what the people over at Longhorn Steakhouse have to say about them below.
- Seasonal Beer is a great ingredient for soups, sauces and dips because it brings hearty flavor to a dish . In fact, LongHorn's new Peak Season Oktoberfest Pretzel Sticks are served with Sam Adams? beer cheese and bacon honey mustard dipping sauce.
- Apples can be great in desserts like tarts or pies, but can also add a satisfying crunch to a salad. It's a very versatile fruit and gives salads, such as LongHorn's new Peak Season Apple Harvest Salad, a tart crunch and balances out earthy flavor of leafy greens.
- Sweet Potatoes are a hearty side to go along with a great grilled steak, but they can also work well in a salad. Think outside of the box and try them as a crouton substitute, like LongHorn does in the new Peak Season Harvest Apple Salad that also includes crisp Fuji apples, pecans, dried cranberries, bacon and spinach in an apple cider vinaigrette.
- Brussels Sprouts have made their comeback and are the perfect accompaniment to steak and ribs dish. LongHorn's new Brussels Sprouts Au Gratin feature bacon in a four cheese cream sauce topped with provolone and parmesan bread crumbs.
- Mushrooms are an excellent option for a grilled side. But, LongHorn also uses mushrooms in seasoning rubs like on the Porcini Portobello Ribeye that's featured on the restaurant's Chef's Showcase menu.
- Pumpkin is the epitome of fall flavor and is a perfect ingredient for bread or seasonal cake. LongHorn's new Pumpkin Spice Lava Cake is a warm pumpkin spice cake filled with cream cheese icing and drizzled with Maker's Mark? bourbon-caramel sauce and candied pecans.
I'm not a steak sauce kind of girl, so I love mushrooms on the side instead - in fact, I can't do a steak without mushrooms. The new Porcini Portabella Ribeye sounds right up my alley and looks amazingly delicious! A nice big loaded baked potato on the side and I'll have a meal fit for a queen.
The new Chef Showcase meals include:
- New Porcini Portabella Ribeye: Ribeye rubbed with porcini dust, brushed with balsamic butter sauce and topped with a cedar-grilled portabella.
- New menu item Pork Osso Buco: Tender, meaty, slow-cooked pork shanks. Topped with wine and roasted vegetable sauce over creamy mashed potatoes.
Now the hubby is a bit more bold than I and willing to try new things all the time, so Pork Osso Buco would definitely be on his plate. A seasonal beer and some Apple Pie for dessert and he would be totally satisfied.
I'm really looking forward to our upcoming "date night" at Longhorn Steakhouse because we just don't get to do anything fun together anymore. Our lives are so busy and things have been getting in the way. It will be a great evening for us to unwind, share some delicious food, good drinks and hopefully some laughs!