The idea behind Hint is simple: pure water, nature’s original refreshment, accented with natural flavor. No sugar, no artificial sweeteners: Hint is a refreshing alternative to sodas, juice and other sweetened drinks and it tastes great.
Sound good? It tastes even better.
I love drinking water, but it’s not always the choice drink of an active preschooler. Although there are times he chooses just water, juice and milk are his top choices. But, there is a great alternative that makes us both happy, Hint, an unsweetened essence water available in different tasty flavors!
Last month was National Nutrition Month, but that doesn’t mean eating healthy and well shouldn’t last all year long! Hint has asked me to share a few ways to keep healthy eating habits an every day way of life!
- Keep ready to eat fruits and veggies on hand. Cucumbers and celery take little to no prep time and are great to snack on alone or with peanut butter or hummus.
- Apples are a better way to wake up in the morning than a cup of sugary coffee
- Once a week, cut up and prep fruit and veggie cups to have on hand
- Chew sugar-free gum to curb a sweet tooth or urge to junk out
Say No To Sugary Sodas
- Switch out your sugary soda with a Hint Fizz. The carbonated, essence flavored water has zero calories versus 250 in most 20 oz. sodas.
- Juice more your style? Try Hint Water instead. No carbonation and zero calories. Hint is also Vegan, Gluten-Free, and has no MSG or Preservatives!
Skip The Vending Machine
- Vending machines are full of processed, sugar, and salt enhanced snacks. Beat the convenience machine at its own game and keep sealed fruit cups or whole grain crackers in your purse, diaper bag, or car.
Don’t Blame Your Budget
- Eating healthy doesn’t have to be expensive. Use coupons and take advantage of sales.
- Buy fresh produce in season, when prices are not inflated.
- Buy local, you’ll get more bang for your buck!
Prepare Healthy Family Meals
- Kids copy their parents. Have them help you make meals.
- Sit down and eat together!
- Have your kids pick out a new recipe. Try a vegan recipe if your family are big meat eaters. Try baking your favorite fried dish. Or even swap out frozen fruit instead of ice cream for dessert.
Starting your family on the track to healthy, every day eating can be as simple as switching out what they drink. Hint water is the perfect alternative to sodas and juices, It’s refreshing like water, but, has just a hint of fruit flavor. My favorite is the Raspberry-Lime with it’s refreshing and slightly “sweet” flavor! I plan to keep my fridge stocked this summer for when the temperatures sky rocket!