Simone (3) loves to draw on the wall during a shower.? I need her to do something so I can have 5 minutes to un-tangle her curly hair.? We bought some bath crayons from a store not too long ago and they just didn't last very long.? So I figured I would make them myself sp today I'm sharing my DIY bath crayons with you!
As always, I looked to Pinterest for inspiration.? Turns out, making your own soap crayons is super easy!
DIY Bath Crayons
Here is what you need:
- block of glycerin soap (I used clear, but you could use the white kind)
- food coloring
- glass measuring cup
- spoon/spatula to stir
- ice cube tray/crayon mold/etc.
- knife and cutting board
The steps to make them are incredibly easy!
1) Cut cubes of the block soap.? 1 cube = one crayon for me.
2)?Put 2 cubes in the measuring glass (making 2 crayons of the same color.? so 4 cubes= 4 crayons of the same color). Microwave on high for 30-40 seconds until melted.
3) Add food coloring and stir until color looks good.? Word to the wise: when you think you have enough color, add more.? I didn't add enough and ended up with a few crayons that didn't make any marks!? The more color you add the darker the marks it will make.
4) Pour into your mold or ice-cube tray.? Let it harden (this may take a few minutes, or a few hours depending on how big your mold is).
5) Pop the DIY Bath Crayons out of the mold and enjoy!
I think I will make these DIY Bath Crayons in all shapes and colors and give them as gifts!? In any case, it is much cheaper than buying them in the store!
What shapes would you like to make your?DIY Bath Crayons in? Which colors would you use?