With the weather changing (for most of us) from summer to fall, it’s time to dive into comfort foods.
For this recipe, I used the Mini Macaroni Pie recipe from The Deen Bros. Take It Easy (as in Paula Deens two adorable sons!)
Don’t let the long list of ingredients seem daunting. This is an easy and very yummy recipe!
- ?1 1/2 cups crushed Ritz crackers (about 35)
- ?2 1/2 cups grated cheddar cheese (10 oz.)
- ?4 tbl unsalted butter, melted
- ?2 tbl unsalted butter, cut in pieces
- ?4 1/2 cups cooked elbow macaroni, cooked, drained and kept warm
- ?2 large eggs, beaten
- ?1/2 cup milk
- ?1/4 cup sour cream
- ?1/4 tsp salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Lightly grease 24 cups of the mini muffin pan.
2. In a bowl, combine crackers, one cup of cheese, and melted butter.
3. Divide the mixture into the bottoms and side of each cup. Press firmly.
|Yummier than it looks!|
4. In a large bowl, mix macaroni with the 1/2 cup cheese.
5. In a small bowl, combine eggs, milk, sour cream, cold butter pieces and salt.
6. Add small bowl mixture to large bowl of macaroni and cheese.
7. Spoon 2 tablespoons of the mixture into each cracker crust and top with remaining cheese.
8. Bake for 25 minutes or until cheese is brown.
9. Allow pies to cool slightly before removing.
Enjoy your Good Grub, y’all!