With the holiday season upon us, many of us will be entertaining family and friends over the next month and things can get rather hectic. I’m always finding ways to make things easier so I thought I’d share some simple entertaining tips with you, along with a super tasty and easy Tequila Sunrise Cocktail recipe that is sure to wow your guests. This post is sponsored by SheSpeaks, Inc and Simply Orange Juice Company. As always, opinions are my own.
The key to holiday entertaining if not to overthink or overdue things because then you’ll just end up running around like a mad woman (or man), trying to make everything perfect. Stick with simple instead. One you start planning, make a dash to Sam’s Club to stock up on essentials like beverages and snacks. You can even grab things that you’ll need for a full meal as well as dishes and decor while you’re there too. I like to stock up on things so that I have stuff on hand for unexpected guests too.
Make sure that Simply Orange® 2 pack and Member’s Mark Nuts are on your shopping list because they are essentials for holiday entertaining. Simply Orange® juice is perfect for any time of day and an ingredient in many cocktails, including the easy tequila sunrise cocktail recipe that I am sharing. Simply Beverages® are found in Sam’s Club’s refrigerated section and are simple and delicious, 100% juices and juice drinks that taste great on their own or in cocktails. Member’s Mark Nuts are perfect for snacking and baking, and I’ll be making Pecan Clusters next week with the leftover Fancy Pecan Halves!
Follow these tips to make your holiday entertaining simple:
- Try to keep the house picked up so that when guests arrive, you don’t have to spend a lot of time cleaning beforehand.
- Stay stocked up on essentials like Simply Orange®, Simply Lemonade® and Member’s Mark Nuts.
- Keep the snacks simple. You don’t have to spend a lot of time in the kitchen when you share easy snacks. Some ideas include Member’s Mark Nuts, grapes, olives and pre-cut cheese cubes.
- Make one signature cocktail. Instead of having a ton of options at the “bar”, opt for one signature cocktail with 3 ingredients or less to keep things simple.
- Enlist help. Everyone needs a helper so enlist one person to help you pick up garbage, plates etc as the party is in progress, serve food/beverages and attend to guests.
These 5 simple steps will help you holiday gathering be less stressful on you, so that you can spend time connecting with your family and friends this season. And I’ve got the perfect signature cocktail to share with you – the Tequila Sunrise. It’s tasty, easy to make and I have always found it to be a crowd pleaser.
To make your Tequila Sunrise cocktails festive, I recommend grabbing some maraschino cherries, orange slices and decorative toothpicks. Before the party starts, slice some oranges and fill some some toothpicks with 2 maraschino cherries each, then set on a plate or platter to make the drink making process go more smoothly.
Easy Tequila Sunrise Cocktail Recipe
- 1-1/2 ounces tequila
- 4 ounces Simply Orange®
- 1/2 ounce grenadine
- maraschino cherries and oranges to garnish
Fill an old fashioned style glass with ice, add tequila, then orange juice and last, grenadine. The grenadine will sink to the bottom, giving it the two-toned look. Garnish with an orange slice and maraschino cherries. Serve and enjoy!