I feel like I have been super busy lately and I just don’t have enough time in the day to get everything that want to get done, done. I either need more hours in the day, a full time assistant or a clone and since none of those things will happen anytime soon, I’m shooting for easy meals instead of standing around in the kitchen for an hour or two. This Easy Cheesy Veggie and Meat Skillet is the latest recipe that I’ve concocted and my family never even realized that it was literally loaded with vegetables! I’ve partnered with Birds Eye Vegetables for this post, however all opinions are my own.
Now it really doesn’t get much easier than this Easy Cheesy Veggie and Meat Skillet and the best part is that it feeds my entire family for under $10 (by doubling the recipe) which is normally pretty hard to do considering that there are 7 of us. But what’s really special about this meal is that there is so much more to it than meets the eye and you’d never know that it is literally loaded with veggies. In fact, you may never look at veggies the same again and some of you may even be able to get your kids to eat their veggies now! Wouldn’t that be sweet?
How is that you ask? Well, Birds Eye Vegetables just came out with a game changer – the Birds Eye Veggie Made™ line. Continuing its mission to get families to eat more veggies, Birds Eye created the Veggie Made™ products to help make eating vegetables easier and more enjoyable. New Birds Eye Veggie Made™ products are available at most major retailers in the following varieties:
- Birds Eye Veggie Made™ Mashed: Original Cauliflower, Sour Cream & Chives Cauliflower, Roasted Garlic Cauliflower, and Sweet Potatoes & Carrots with Brown Sugar
- Birds Eye Steamfresh Veggie Made™ Riced Cauliflower: Original, Roasted Garlic, Savory Herb, and Italian Cheese
- Birds Eye Steamfresh Veggie Made™ Pasta: Original Zucchini Lentil Pasta, Spinach Lentil Pasta with Alfredo Sauce, Zucchini Lentil Pasta with Cheddar Sauce and Zucchini Lentil Pasta with Marinara Sauce
Easy Cheesy Veggie and Meat Skillet
I used the Birds Eye Steamfresh Veggie Made™ Pasta: Zucchini Lentil Pasta with Cheddar Sauce for this recipe and my family didn’t even notice that it wasn’t regular pasta. I’m telling you guys, these new Birds Eye Steamfresh Veggie Made™ products are a great way to put hidden veggies in your meals and they’ll likely be picky kid approved!
- ½ lb ground beef
- One cup Birds Eye Steamfresh Broccoli
- 1 package Birds Eye Steamfresh Veggie Made™ Pasta: Zucchini Lentil Pasta with Cheddar Sauce
- Brown ground beef and drain grease.
- Prepare both Birds Eye Steamfresh products according to directions on back of package.
- Once meat and vegetables are cooked, return to skillet and stir for about 2 minutes over medium heat.
- Serve and enjoy!