I adore flowers. They bring beauty and fragrance to the home and yard. But it’s not always possible to have fresh flowers, so I thought it would be fun to make some DIY paper flowers! They are super easy to make and I’ve shared a full tutorial below.
DIY Paper Flowers
You will need the following supplies to make your own Paper Flowers:
- Fun Flower Punch (Stampin’ Up!)
- 2013-2015 In Color 8-1/2″ X 11″ Card Stock(Stampin’ Up!)
- Bone Folder(Stampin’ Up!)
- Calypso Coral Pompom Trim(Stampin’ Up!)
- Floral wire sticks
- Hot glue gun
- Hot glue sticks
1. Punch flowers out of your choice of colored paper with the Fun Flower Punch.
2. Take the Bone Folder and lightly fan out the edges of each petal on the flower.
3-6. Fold flower in half, unfold, fold in half another way, unfold and fold in half the last way. When you’re finished, the flower should look like it does in step 6.
7-8. Grab your flower, fold two petals into each other. It will look like step 8.
Now grab your glue gun, squeeze a little out onto the bottom, pointed end of the flower and secure it to the floral wire. I stuck the wire between the fold in the petals so that it would stay nice and tight.
Squeeze a bit of glue onto another flower and place it next to the other flower on the floral wire, making sure two of the petals line up.
Repeat these steps until your flower is as full as you’d like it to be. I used 5 flowers to make one larger flower.
Stick them in a vase and enjoy! You may want to cut or fold the wire down to fit nicely in your vase.