If you’ve been wondering how to save money on your wedding, you are not the only one. Weddings are quite expensive, so it might be wise to know some budget saving ideas wedding. Everyone, looking for ways to save money on a wedding, considers cutting wedding costs (though you might still want to get a subscription box – it’s a lot of fun!). So how to do it best? Take a look at these smart ways to save money on your wedding! This partnered guest post has been provided to us, and all opinions are of the author.
Smart ways to save money on your wedding
1) First of all, think about the date. If you are looking for ways on how to save money on a wedding venue, don’t get married on Saturday! Choose Friday or Sunday instead. Also, if you have a winter wedding it is usually much cheaper and easier to find a venue with a considerable discount. The smartest move would be to pick up a week before a peak season starts – this way you’ll likely have good weather for an off-season price!
2) Start saving for a wedding well in advance. Booking really early could save a lot of money. Also, it is easier to save for a wedding in a year, than if you only have 2 months to save!
3) Trying to save for a wedding and a house? Have your wedding at your house! This will help cut the costs of the venue and transportation. Do try it, especially if you have a beautiful garden! A garden wedding ceremony is usually absolutely magical if you decorate the trees with little light bulbs. It is also a great way how to save money on wedding rentals – you likely have a lot of things you need for the reception already!
4) Get creative with food! Don’t do a sit-down reception at all! Celebrate with friends at your local pub, or a local BBQ point! You won’t believe how cheap it will be to host a wedding party there! And your wedding is sure to be unforgettable!
5) Want to save money on a wedding cake? Large tiered cakes cost a fortune! Do cupcakes instead, or single layer cakes! It is much cheaper and you can have a variety of flavors instead of one option.
6) Want some wedding decor hacks? Buy second-hand wedding decor – the discount can be up to 90% of the original price! Get married in a place that doesn’t need much decoration – a beach wedding looks amazing, and doesn’t require heavy decorations.
7) How to save money on wedding flowers? If you are handy, you can do your own flowers, or use potted flowers as centerpieces – they are much cheaper! Artificial flowers are another option, which helps to save money.
8) How to save money on a beach wedding? Shop for white dresses that are not specifically wedding gowns! Beach weddings look very stylish if the bride is wearing a simple white linen dress. Complete the look with a single flower in your hair! Voila! You are stunning!
9) Find out how much to save for a small wedding and ask your friends to start a fund as a bridal shower or wedding present.
10) Plan big sales well ahead! Do visit bridal shops at sales season.
Whatever budget you have, always remember, that this is your happy day. Don’t let money matters ruin it for you, have fun!