This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #CraftPBJCreations #Meijer #CollectiveBias. This post is sponsored by The J.M. Smucker Company.
When my son gets home from school, one of the first things that he does is reach for a snack. All of that learning makes him hungry and with so many hours in between lunch time and the time he gets home, I can totally understand why he’s so hungry! I always try to make sure that I have snacks that he likes on hand and these Peanut Butter & Strawberry Jelly Cookie Bars are one of his favorites. It’s kind of like a classic PB&J sandwich, but in an easily snack-able cookie form, and he sure loves it!
This delicious Peanut Butter & Strawberry Jelly Cookie Bars recipe starts with Jif® Peanut Butter, a wholesome brand that’s been trusted for generations. Based on IRI Sales, it’s actually the #1 brand of peanut butter in the USA. Smucker’s® Fruit Spread gives it that gooey goodness that just completes the recipe. It’s made with hand-picked strawberries, that are high quality and delicious. Jif® & Smucker’s® together = Great Taste. Perfect Pair. Better Together.
You can pick up Jif® & Smucker’s® at Meijer and score savings of over $2 on Jif® Peanut Butter, Smucker’s® Fruit Spreads, and Jif Power Ups® Snacks with mPerks digital coupons until 2/2/19. Check out their Social Hub for more tasty ideas too!
Sometimes, he will grab a snack to munch on at school too, and Jif Power Ups® Snacks are one that we keep on hand. Jif Power Ups® are made with Jif® Peanut Butter and are available in Chewy Granola Bars and Creamy Clusters with peanuts as their #1 ingredient.
Of course, a nice cold glass of milk is the perfect pairing for each of these snacks too!
Peanut Butter & Strawberry Jelly Cookie Bars
Ok, I know you’ve been patiently waiting for the Peanut Butter & Strawberry Jelly Cookie Bars recipe and you’ll find it right below. This is such a simple recipe to make, and the kids might even want to help out!
Since it is a bar recipe, you just make it in one pan, and it actually calls for an entire jar of tasty Smucker’s® Strawberry Jam – YUM!
You can easily print this Peanut Butter & Strawberry Jelly Cookie Bars recipe, so that you can have it on hand any time you want to make it!
- 2 sticks unsalted butter
- 1½ cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups Jif® peanut butter (creamy or crunchy, whichever you prefer)
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 jar (18oz) Smucker’s® Strawberry Jam
- 1 cup coarsely chopped peanuts
- Preheat over to 350 degrees
- Grease a 9x13 baking pan
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar on medium speed with an electric mixer for about one minute
- Add vanilla, eggs and peanut butter and mix until combined, careful not to over mix
- Sift the remain dry ingredients (flour, salt and baking powder)
- Slowly add the flour mixture to the peanut butter mixture, mixing on low speed
- Spread the dough evenly into your pan, leaving one third remaining for the top
- Spread the jam over the dough
- Drop small spoonfuls of remaining dough on top of jam.
- Sprinkle with chopped peanuts
- Bake 45 minutes
- Cool and cut