This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #FreeandCleanLiving #CollectiveBias
As some of you know, we recently introduced Snow, a new kitten, into our home this past November. She is a ball of spunk and we just adore her! She’s loving, playful and absolutely beautiful.
What many of you might now know (unless you follow me on Instagram), is that we added a new addition to our pet family last month.
I’d like to introduce you to Mr. Puffins.
We chose his name because he looked like a little fatty when we met him; only to hold him and find out that it was all just fluffy fur. He was literally half the size that he appeared to be, and just an adorable puff ball. Hence the name, Mr. Puffins.
He’s a lazy boy who loves to sleep and cuddle with the family, including the other pets. He’s just now showing his super playful side and we believe he’s taken some lessons from Snow in that department.
We adore our cats and they quickly became a part of our family. The dogs are even good with them, which is great.
Of course, we want the best for all of our pets and that’s why we’re always looking for the best products for them. On a recent trip to Target, we picked up some of their favorite food and a couple of new toys. You can see how much fun they’ve had with the toys in the images above! We needed more cat litter too and I’d heard good things about New TIDY CATS® Free & Clean™ Unscented Clumping Litter, so I thought that we would give it a try. I just love shopping at Target because they’ve always got great deals going on, like $10 off a pet care purchase of $40 or more. We spend $40 between our pets easily, so I was excited to snag up that deal!
Anyway, so TIDY CATS knows that litter box odor control is of utmost importance to us humans, but we don;t always want those added fragrances, so TIDY CATS Free and Clean uses the power of activated charcoal for its unscented odor control. Odors are locked away thanks to the TidyLock® Protection, and it’s 99.9% dust free! Clean up is a breeze thanks to it’s strong clumping formula, and you can find it in both 20lb and 35lb sizes. Mr. Puffins sure seems to like it!
20 household uses for cat litter
Did you know that cat litter is actually good for other things besides litter boxes? There are actually many household uses for cat litter and I’ve shared some of them below.
- Keep Sidewalks Safe from Ice
- Help create traction for your stuck car
- Safely dispose of paint
- Soak up grease from your grill
- Keep odors out of your home by placing bowls of cat litter strategically throughout your house
- Help plants thrive by using equal parts of littler and soil
- Absorb smells inside your refrigerator
- Keep old books musty free
- Pack your winter clothes and outerwear – fill socks full of litter and pack in bins along with your clothing
- Remove odors from your shoes
- Drying flowers
- Remove grease spots on drive way
- Get rid of mildew and other nasty smells in your garbage can
- Keep mice away
- Anchor for wedding flowers
- Absorb musky water smell from boots
- Regulate humidity by putting in humidifier
- Fill mole tunnels and the critters will find another home
- Fight algae in ponds
- Save wet electronics
Check out the TIDY CATS social hub for more fun ideas for your pet! Which one is your favorite?