I received a sample for this review/feature. Opinions expressed are my own.
Disney Channel’s newest original movie is filled with music, dances, and high school woes – plus zombies! Set fifty years after a zombie apocalypse, zombies are finally allowed to enroll in Seabrook High School. The charming zombie Zed, who is determined to play football, meets freshman Addison who dreams of being a cheerleader — the ultimate form of status in the community. Zed and Addison work together to show Seabrook what they can achieve when they embrace their differences and celebrate what makes them a community. It’s a no-brainer, grab ZOMBIES on Disney DVD on April 24th!
Disney’s “ZOMBIES” is a music- and dance-filled story set in the fictitious world of Seabrook, a cookie-cutter community brimming with perky conformity 50 years after a zombie apocalypse. Today, the zombies pose no threat, but are required to live in Zombietown, an isolated, rundown community infused with their unique creative spirit. When zombies are finally allowed to enroll in Seabrook High School, the charming, charismatic zombie Zed, who is determined to play football, meets freshman Addison who dreams of being a cheerleader — the ultimate form of status in Seabrook. Addison takes a lot of flak for befriending Zed and his zombie friends, but comes to learn that zombies and cheerleaders aren’t so different after all. Zed and Addison work together to show Seabrook what they can achieve when they embrace their differences and celebrate what makes them a community.
Cast: Milo Manheim as Zed; Meg Donnelly as Addison; Trevor Tordjman as Bucky; Kylee Russell as Eliza; Carla Jeffery as Bree; Kingston Foster as Zoey; and James Godfrey as Bonzo.
Director: Paul Hoen
Executive Producers: Effie Brown and Paul Hoen
Co-Producers/Writers: David Light and Joseph Raso
- Zombie Blooper Reel (DVD Exclusive) – Laugh out loud at the Cast of ZOMBIES in this compilation of the funniest bloopers and outtakes from the making of the film. TRT: 3:53
- The Zombie Survival Guide To High School (DVD Exclusive) – This piece uses a visual motif of a Zombie Survival Guide, with styled infographics and hosted by the talent. We go down the list of some of the most important survival tips for Zombies and humans on how to get along and make the best of high school. TRT: 2:24
- Dance Tutorial – Join Meg Donnelly (Addison), Kylee Russell (Eliza) and ZOMBIES Choreographer, Christopher Scott, as they show you how to dance along to the ‘BAMM” Music Video. TRT: 3:38
- Deleted Scene #1 (DVD Exclusive) – It’s a Cheer-tastrope TRT: :57
- Deleted Scene #2 (DVD Exclusive) – New Jacket, New Name TRT: 1:09
- Audition Tapes (DVD Exclusive)
- Milo Manheim Audition TRT: 1:16
- Meg Donnelly Audition TRT :57
- Music Video – “BAMM” TRT 3:39
- Lyric Video – “BAMM” TRT 3:23
- Trailer #1 TRT: 2:20
- Trailer #2 TRT 1:50
Feature Run Time: 94 minutes (excluding bonus)
With 3 girls at home it is inevitable that we always watch the latest Disney made for television movie. My girls LOVE them and I actually enjoy watching them as well. ZOMBIES was an instant hit in this house. Set 50 years into a zombie apocalypse humans have found a way to keep zombies from going crazy and eating brains. The technology the zombies are forced to wear on their wrists controls their “urges” so that they can live a “normal” zombie life. For the first time ever zombies and humans will now get to attend high school together. There is the cheerleader with a good heart and the zombie that wants to fit in and together they make a pair that not everyone agrees with. There are plenty of catchy song and dance routines along with a story line kids will love to make this a great family movie.