I love a tasty cocktail and with the warm weather finally hitting, I’m mixing up all sorts of refreshing beverages these days. I have a deep love for blended drinks but I tried this Blackberry Mojito and it has become my new favorite; perfect for sipping on the patio on a warm sunny day and for celebrating Cinco de Mayo! I’ve partnered with Agave In The Raw® for this post, though all opinions are always my own.
A great mojito starts with quality ingredients, so I headed to the market to get some fresh blackberries and limes. After traveling to two different stores, fresh mint was nowhere to be found, so I actually ended up purchasing a whole milt plant. It was a whopping 50 cents more than a tiny package of the fresh mint that I usually purchase, so I kind of made out on that deal and now I have fresh mint to make more blackberry mojitos. Lucky me!
Now, if you’ve never tasted a blackberry mojito before, it can be a tad bitter, so you will definitely want to sweeten your cocktail and that’s where Agave In The Raw® comes in. From the core of Mexico’s blue agave plant, comes an organic, naturally gluten-free sweeter – Agave In The Raw®. It’s great for beverages and perfect for baking too. A little bit of Agave In The Raw® goes a long way too, since it is about 25% sweeter than sugar.
Agave In The Raw® is my go too for mixing in blackberry mojitos and gives it that perfect flavor that I love so much. You’ll definitely have to try this recipe on for size and if you’d rather skip the alcohol, just add a little bit extra soda water!
- 1 lime, quartered, plus lime wheel for garnish
- 8-10 fresh mint leaves, plus more for garnish
- 6-8 fresh blackberries, plus more for garnish
- ½ ounce Agave In the Raw®
- 1 ½ ounces white rum
- 4 ounces chilled soda water
- Juice 2 lime quarters into a rocks glass or tumbler. Add remaining lime quarters, mint, berries, Agave In The Raw®, and rum and muddle until fruit is crushed. Add 1 cup ice and soda water to fill. Stir. Garnish with lime wheel, additional berries, and fresh mint.