I received a sample for this review/feature. Opinions expressed are my own.
This Christmas, consider the gift of generosity by shopping the World Vision Gift Catalog. The simple act of showing a child halfway across the world that they are loved can light up their life, and their entire community!
World Vision is a Christian humanitarian organization dedicated to working with children, families and their communities worldwide to reach their full potential by tackling the causes of poverty and injustice. World Vision serves all people regardless of religion, race, ethnicity or gender.
This holiday season teach your children that a little hope goes a long way and generosity multiplies. World Vision’s Gift Catalog offers gifts that have a multiplier effect—positively impacting the giver, receiver and those in need. Join World Vision’s efforts to tackle poverty and injustice around the world, helping children, families and their communities worldwide to reach their full potential.
To get you excited and so you can see some of the items they sell here are some pictures of a few of their gorgeous hand made items. I will be giving away one gift basket just like the one I received.
When a donation is made to World Vision’s “Where Most Needed” fund, donors can choose from different items (like those below) to receive as a meaningful memento of their gift.
- The Heaton Hope Bracelet ($100) – This year, everyone’s favorite TV mom, Patricia Heaton, has partnered with World Vision to design the Patricia Heaton Hope Bracelet. The name was purposely chosen to encourage people to feel hopeful about our world and to give hope, through generosity, to those in need.
- Vietnamese Tote ($100) – Disabled Vietnamese women gain independence by creating these beautiful hand-embroidered purses.
- African Soapstone Box ($85) – Talented artisans bring raw stone to life with etched designs and hand dyed finishes that showcase modern African creativity and provide a sustainable way out of poverty.
- Charm Necklace ($100) – Made by a gold and silver plating specialist in India, the unique and elegant charms make this necklace a subtle statement piece.
- Infinity Scarf ($75) – This fashion-forward accessory is made by artisans in India who are trained in the loom industry to attain skills and a sustainable livelihood.
- Wraparound Ring ($55) – A vibrant, adjustable ring with aqua and blue chalcedony stones set in metal, made by female artisans in India.
*Prices in the Gift Catalog are subject to change
Since 1996, the World Vision Gift Catalog has given people the opportunity to better the lives of children, adults and communities in the U.S. and around the world through hundreds of gifts in all different areas of need: clean water, food, education, sexual exploitation, job training and others. In fiscal year 2016, more than 112,000 people donated more than 274,000 items from the Gift Catalog helping people around the world. To order from World Vision’s Gift Catalog, visit www.worldvisiongifts.org or call toll-free at 1-855-WV-GIFTS (1-855-984-4387). This is a great way to teach children the true meaning of giving to others!
Win a World Vision Gift Catalog Gift Basket!
I get to give away one World Vision Gift Catalog Gift Basket valued at over $500 to one lucky winner! Enter via the form below. Open to US addresses only.