I received Dead Men Tell No Tales on Blu-ray for this review/feature. Opinions expressed are my own.
I’ve got some great bonus material to share with you today from Disney’s Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales! The clips below feature behind the scenes material, including bloopers, deleted scenes, discussions with your favorite actors from the film, special effects commentary, and more! Be sure to catch Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales out on Blu-ray October 3rd!
The rip-roaring adventure—packed with humor, suspense and jaw-dropping special effects—finds down-on-his-luck Captain Jack feeling the winds of ill fortune blowing strongly his way when deadly ghost sailors, led by the terrifying Captain Salazar (Bardem), escape from the Devil’s Triangle bent on killing every pirate at sea—notably Jack.
Kaya’s Favorite Scene
Henry Turner Learns a Lesson
Destructing Ghost Sharks
BLU-RAY & DIGITAL in HD:
- Dead Men Tell More Tales: The Making of a New Adventure – Get unique access into the making of this exciting new “Pirates of the Caribbean” movie with this collection of revealing and entertaining stories that you can view individually or as a “play all.”
- A Return to the Sea – Two talented filmmakers, Joachim Rønning and Espen Sandberg, team up to bring “Pirates of the Caribbean” back to the screen. Hear how this new chapter of the tale was developed.
- Telling Tales: A Sit-down with Brenton & Kaya – Meet Brenton Thwaites and Kaya Scodelario, the young actors behind Henry and Carina. The two sit down together for a revealing conversation on becoming a part of the “Pirates of the Caribbean” film franchise and its continuing legacy.
- The Matador & The Bull: Secrets of Salazar & The Silent Mary – Oscar-winner Javier Bardem reveals more about his menacing new character and the foreboding ship he helms.
- First Mate Confidential – Go on-set along with Kevin McNally, the affable actor behind the feisty Mr. Gibbs, Captain Jack’s reliable first mate from all five movies.
- Deconstructing the Ghost Sharks – Peer below the depths at how these ferocious, mythical monsters were designed and brought to life.
- Wings Over the Caribbean – Captain Jack has a memorable encounter with Sir Paul McCartney – rock ‘n’ roll royalty.
- An Enduring Legacy – Take one more look at the “Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales” experience and the impact of “Pirates of the Caribbean” — the movies, the ride and beyond.
- Bloopers of the Caribbean
- Jerry Bruckheimer Photo Diary
- Deleted Scenes
- Henry Turner Learns a Lesson from Captain Jack
- A Whale in Poseidon’s Tomb
- Alternate Coda: Murtogg & Mullroy “Flogging”
- First Mate Confidential
Feature Run Time: Approximately 129 minutes
Rating: PG-13 in U.S., PG in CE, and G in CF
Pirates of the Caribbean was my brother’s favorite Disney World ride when we were growing up so I have been watching the movies since the release of the very first film. This movie is a great addition to the franchise and Johnny Depp is still amazing as Captain Jack Sparrow. It is fun to see some re-occurring characters as well as new ones with an all new story line. Make sure to check out all the bonus features especially the funny bloopers! You can watch Dead Men Tell No Tales on Blu-ray format today.