I’ve been a busy crafter this holiday season and earlier this week, I shared how to make these adorable DIY Photo Gift Tags that are perfect for families with little ones or even just to make the gifting process fun and exciting! They turned out great and I’m going to make them every year. But that was just the start of my photo crafting because then I thought of making some ornaments out of photo prints too. These are so easy to make and will look adorable on your tree. They’re even perfect for gifting to family and friends!
DIY Holiday Photo Ornament
You’ll need the following supplies:
- Photo prints (I had standard 4×6 photos printed)
- Decorative paper punch (Mine is sort of square with beveled sides and edges, about 2 inches in size)
- Small hole punch
- Holiday Ribbon, in desired length
Now creating the holiday photo ornaments is the fun part and it literally takes no time at all.
- Punch the shapes out of your photos using the paper punch. It’s best to have visual on the photo when you’re punching so that you can get the shape punched exactly where you want it.
- Using the hole punch, punch a hole in the top center of your photo.
- Slide one end of the ribbon through the hole in the center and tie at the top.
And.. you’re done! Super simple, right? These would be so fun to make in a classroom for parent gifts or even at home to decorate your own tree. You could fill it with photo ornaments of all the members in your family!
There are so many fun projects that you could make using photo prints. I’ve got some serious idea up my sleeve and I’ll bet you have some too.
What holiday or every day projects would you make using photo prints?