I’m so excited to be able to share some of my frugal tips with you all on a month to month basis. My first entry is going to be on making your own DIY nose wipes for little ones. So if you have little ones running around with crusty noses, you definitely want to check this out!
DIY Nose Wipes
Here’s what you will need:
- 1 cup of hot water
- Paper towels. I used Viva because they are super soft, but if you prefer another brand go for it.
- A pinch of sea salt
- 1 teaspoon Coconut Oil
- 2 teaspoons of Witch Hazel
- 3-4 drops of your favorite essential oil, think eucalyptus or lavender. I was out of EO so I subbed in a 1/2 teaspoon of Baby Vix, which contains aloe vera, lavender and eucalyptus.
- Spare wipes case, or some sort of resealable container.
You can get the items through my affiliate links below:
Preparing the wipe solution:
- Cut 10 paper towels in half and then fold them in half
- Mix up the ingredients making sure that the water is hot enough to fully dissolve the sea salt, coconut oil, and Vix.
- Soak your stack of folded paper towels in the mix and wring them out gently, making sure that they aren’t soaking wet.
Now you just need to figure out what you are going to store them in. I used a resealable wipes case I had laying around. But if you don’t have a wipes case handy to up-cycle you can store your wipes in any sort of resealable container. A resealable plastic baggie will work if that’s all you have on hand. No need to go out and buy something special to store them in; well unless you want to. Remember the goal here is to save money, so try and improvise and use whatever you have available.