Time is Ticking, the Tension is High,
and the Ultimate Showdown Between Good and Evil is About to Explode
THE LONE RANGER
On Blu-ray Combo Pack, Digital HD, and On-Demand December 17, 2013
Synopsis: Johnny Depp and Armie Hammer star in The Lone Ranger, from Jerry Bruckheimer Films and Director Gore Verbinski. It’s a wild ride of high velocity action, explosions and gunfights that brings the famed masked legend to life through brand-new eyes. The Lone Ranger (Hammer), the last of his kind, teams with Tonto (Depp), a dark and mysterious vigilante, to seek vengeance after justice has failed them. It’s a runaway train of epic surprises, as these two unlikely heroes must learn to work together before the ultimate showdown between good and evil explodes.
Cast: Johnny Depp (Pirates of the Caribbean franchise, Alice in Wonderland) as Tonto, Armie Hammer (The Social Network, Mirror Mirror) as John Reid/Lone Ranger, Helena Bonham Carter (Fight Club, The Kings Speech) as Red Harrington, Tom Wilkinson (Batman Begins, Michael Clayton) as Latham Cole, Ruth Wilson (Anna Karenina, Capturing Mary) as Rebecca Reid, William Fichtner (Black Hawk Down, The Dark Knight) as Butch Cavendish
Director: Gore Verbinski (Pirates of the Caribbean franchise)
Screenplay: Justin Haythe (Revolutionary Road, Snitch), Ted Elliott (Pirates of the Caribbean franchise) & Terry Rossio (Pirates of the Caribbean franchise)
Producer: Jerry Bruckheimer (Pirates of the Caribbean franchise)
- (BD, DVD, Select Digital retailers)
- Blooper Reel (RT 4:12) – BD, DVD & Select Digital Retailers Only
- Deleted Scene – BD & Select Digital Retailers Only
- Riding The Rails Of The Lone Ranger (RT: 10:36) – BD & Select Digital Retailers Only
- For the production of the movie, director Gore Verbinski had a five mile oval track built along with multiple engines and cars. See the incredible effort that went into crafting such a detailed and important part of The Lone Ranger.
- Armies’s Western Road Trip (RT: 14:28) – BD & Select Digital Retailers Only
- Armie Hammer (The Lone Ranger) takes viewers on a tour of the scenic locations the production shot in as we see and learn more about the amazing places he went to become The Lone Ranger.
- Becoming A Cowboy (RT: 8:02) – BD & Select Digital Retailers Only
- Before the cast began shooting the film, they had to learn how to shoot a gun…and ride a horse. In this piece we follow the cowboy (and cowgirl) cast to boot camp, where they got a chance to experience what their characters would really be living like in the Wild West.
Ratings: PG-13 For Sequences Of Intense Action and Violence, and Some Suggestive Material
Feature Run Time: 2 hrs. 29 min.
My husband and I were excited to sit down and watch this movie as it is not often we get to watch movies that are not animated. The first thing that got me excited was the fact that Johnny Depp is in it and I really enjoy his movies. He plays Tonto who is a Native American on a mission for revenge but he is paired up with an unlikely companion and their philosophies on life are extremely different. This western is action packed from the beginning all the way to the end. Filled with explosions and gunfire it had my full attention. I definitely agree with the PG-13 rating as it was very violent and had lots of adult jokes (that I thought were hilarious). Get this movie and put the kids to bed early because parents need an at home date night and especially around the busy holiday season!
You can purchase The Lone Ranger on Amazon $24.96.