Thousands of years ago, the Giants fought epic battles in Skylands but were banished to Earth. With a new threat looming, it’s time to bring them back to join forces with the Skylanders to defeat KAOS. Only you can put them on the Portal of Power® to unleash their strength in the ultimate battle to save Skylands!
It’s no secret around here, my kid is the one completely obsessed with anything and everything Skylanders! He’s asked to watch the teaser trailer for the highly anticipated Swap Force about a million times, but until that launches, he’s more than happy to play Skylanders Giants on an every other day basis! And with Skylanders Giants available on every console, it’s the perfect gift for dad and the kiddos to play together on rainy or too hot summer days!
Already a huge fan like our family? Then why not surprise dad this Father’s Day with an easy DIY Skylanders picture frame? You’ll need the following items:
- Hard cardboard
- A picture of yourself with dad! (Or just a picture of your kid!)
- First of all, you will need a piece of thick and tough cardboard. You must draw in pencil the shape of you favorite Skylander’s face, which will be then used for making the frame. Sketch your favorite Skylander’s face with minimum detail. Afterwards, you must draw a small rectangular piece, having one side smaller than the other one, in order to hold the frame.
- Now you will need help from an adult, in order to cut out these two pieces you have just drawn. Now paint your character in their respective colors. The sample picture has Nijini. You would paint her hair red, blue for the face and ears, and black for highlights. Don’t forget the back and let it dry!
- Draw a rectangle piece the size of the picture you’re using and with an adults help, cut it out using a pair of scissors or cutters. Once you have made the hole, take the piece to be used as the frame’s support and bend t by the tightest side of the rectangle. Put some glue on it and stick it on top of the frame’s back
- Once the paint is dry, use a fine brush and paint in any black highlights of your character. Put some glue on the edge of your picture and set it in the center of the hole. If you choose a picture of your face you’ll become a real Skylander!
Pretty easy, huh? When I was at work this weekend, I sent my husband the instructions so he and Sonshine could make the craft together. What I came home to was no quite what the directions called for, but it was a pretty adorable home made craft! Sonshine chose Hot Head for his Skylander frame: