The ultimate pregnancy exercise program designed to help you fit fitness into all nine months of your pregnancy. With mix-and-match routines, you can customize your workout to fit your growing body. Stay fit and firm throughout your pregnancy with cardio, stretch, and strength workouts…
If you’re a parent-to-be or already a mom, you’ve probably already heard all about the What to Expect When You’re Expecting book line. I viewed it as my “pregnancy Bible” for my whole nine months before I moved on to the toddler years book. The whole line is expanding to stay up with the mom’s of today and that includes how aware we are of the need to exercise even throughout our pregnancies!
What to Expect When You’re Expecting: The Workout is an exercise DVD filled with routines for each stage of the pregnancy, from your first trimester all the way to the end of your pregnancy. There are six routines measuring in at 10 minutes a piece. You can customize your workout routine by mixing and matching which routines based on fitness level, energy level/mood, and your growing baby bump! Included are one Stretch & Relax, two Strength, and three Cardio workouts. Not to mention bonus workouts you can do anytime, anywhere. Below are the breakdowns of all three sections:
Stretch and Relax
- MIND, BODY, & BABY: Practice gentle yoga moves to help rejuvenate aching body and tight muscles
- CUTE TO THE CORE: Fights aches, pains, and flab while keeping your abs and hips strong and toned with Pilates-based moves
- BUNS IN THE OVEN: Target-tone your buns with this total-body workout designed to firm up your legs, buns, and thighs
- BAREFOOT & PREGNANT: Enjoy gentle Pilates-based workout that focuses on balance, muscle strength, and circulation
- BABY BUMP BOOT CAMP: Back-to-basics training to build stamina and strength for healthier pregnancy
- BABY STEPS: Bust some baby movies with this sexy, fun, easy-to-follow dance routine
I just adore the titles of each routine! Keeps everything light and fun while working your body hard, without over pushing it! I’m not currently pregnant, but these workouts are great for pre-baby and post-baby bodies (when you’ve gotten the A-OK to workout again from your doctor! Always consult them first before starting a new exercise regimen!) I can tell these will be wonderful to do with a growing baby bump, without over exerting. I had GD with my first pregnancy, so it was important to get my exercise in. This would have helped me a lot at the time, but it’s good to know it’s around in case history repeats itself! Even if you’re having a healthy pregnancy, why not fit in a quick ten minute exercise here and there? You’ll feel great about yourself and do your body some good!
Below is a sample of MIND, BODY, & BABY:
And a clip from BABY BUMP BOOT CAMP:
What to Expect When You’re Expecting: The Workout is currently available from Lions Gate Entertainment. Please consult with your OB before starting a new exercise program while pregnant.
You can purchase What to Expect When You’re Expecting: The Workout DVD on Amazon for $10.99